New camera?

bigfish

Reaction score
I've decided the firm ahem,needs a new camera,strictly for recording purposes you understand,and i've been drawn to the canon 600d,but i'm a complete novice in these things,does any of the lads on here have,or know about such things,any tips or info,or is this rocket science ha:eek:h::cool:

Use your iphone......

Now thats far to technilogically advanced for me:laugh:and would last about 1 day,given the job,and my sausage fingers ha,and thats before the kids clocked it:eek::laugh:

The 600d will do pretty much every single thing you want IF you are going to use it for videos the flip back viewer is great, If you purely want it for pictures then you may as well go for the 550d that's a £100 cheaper.

You won't go far wrong with a 600d though about as good as you are going to get until you start paying big bucks for the likes of the 7D.

I have one and have no way made use of all it's functions yet.

The 600d will do pretty much every single thing you want IF you are going to use it for videos the flip back viewer is great, If you purely want it for pictures then you may as well go for the 550d that's a £100 cheaper.

You won't go far wrong with a 600d though about as good as you are going to get until you start paying big bucks for the likes of the 7D.

I have one and have no way made use of all it's functions yet.

Thanks awy,but is it user friendly?or should i say idiot proof haha:laugh:

A Canon 600D is a serious camera and being a DSLR, you buy into a system. I Have a Nikon D200 which is also a cracking camera except that it is too big to carry around everywhere. I got a little Samsung WB2000 for everyday use and it can shoot HD video as well.

This site:
Digital Photography Review

might help you make a decision. You can't go far wrong with a Canon or a Nikon as these makes are far ahead of the competition.

bigfish its a defo for the company to supply you with this essential kit:D

They have proved there worth during the many final account ding dongs
the surveyors hate us having them on site now:laugh:

I've decided the firm ahem,needs a new camera,strictly for recording purposes you understand,and i've been drawn to the canon 600d,but i'm a complete novice in these things,does any of the lads on here have,or know about such things,any tips or info,or is this rocket science ha:eek:h::cool:

Get a wide angle lens for the camera, it is a godsend for photographing scaffolds from close up and you will capture everything on one frame

Thats it then,i'll be tickling santa's sack,till it spews forward one of these gadget's:D

ha ha you cant go wrong with a 600d fella. stick it auto and it'll be snap happy for you with perfect high quality shots ( as said above get a wide angle lens to make it easier getting everything in shot). you never know you might decided to start experimenting.

Now thats far to technilogically advanced for me:laugh:and would last about 1 day,given the job,and my sausage fingers ha,and thats before the kids clocked it:eek::laugh:

As camera's are today, I haven't got past my 1970's Polaroid :nuts: instant pics in seconds...

Top Bottom