yard rent
diesel
loan

OTHER COSTS
3 month lorry checks
pasties for dinner;)

cheers for any help
john

Claims for damage can be an expensive overhead if not monitored. We are getting around three false claims a week.

That should be moved to joke of the day :nuts::nuts::laugh:

You did say false claims ...How do you monitor them?? Also,what percentage would you put down for bad weather, maintanence, late/non payments?

You did say false claims ...How do you monitor them?? Also,what percentage would you put down for bad weather, maintanence, late/non payments?

We do a lot of grant work where the householder doesn't have to contribute anything towards the job.
It seems as though a lot of them look at a scaffolding company as an easy source of blame for anything, we have to take photos of everything around the property before and after each visit just to cover ourselves.
Those photos have saved us a fortune and made some very red faces.

Sad but true. I hate the way the less they are expected to contribute to their own fekin home improvements the more recompense they expect for a couple of weeks of hassle and when they don't get it they blame the scaffs from anything to breaking a slab to getting their youngest pregnant.

Only half is true.;)

rite lads
first off id like to say thanks for the help so far,
but theres more needed:D

have i forgotton anything?

INITIAL OUTLAY
gear
lorry
van
vehicle insurance and tax
public liability with employee liability
sign writing,vehicles and banners
flyers and cards
operators licence

MONTHLY OUTLAY
wages
yard rent
diesel
loan

OTHER COSTS
3 month lorry checks
pasties for dinner;)

cheers for any help
john
Seems like you are ready to go BJ.
As long as you have the most important of all, (steady and reliable paying clients and contracts), then best of luck.

Seems like you are ready to go BJ.
As long as you have the most important of all, (steady and reliable paying clients and contracts), then best of luck.

cheers john
ive got alot of friends who said i can do there work when i get started,lets hope they stick to there word,or im £40,000 in debt:cry:

Big John you seem to have everything covered, but dont forget to put money away for your 3 monthly VAT Bills.

Or keep the receipts for 40K for the VAT rebate.:idea:

you have forgotten dont bother at this moment in time u will end up on your arse

Don't worry Big John, plenty survive and even flourish in tough times especially the little guy. It just seems like it's dying as they are never going to start the news with Big John wins big job are they but they are not long in telling you when jobs are being lost.

Top Bottom