New and Improved Scaffolding Olympics.

J

Jason-Gibbs

I know that there used to be a thing as the 'Scaffold Games' or something, but if believe that it was stopped years ago.

Never participated in it, as i was too young and ive only heard of a few things that they used to do, like topping out 21ft tubes into 9ft hemps and running over an obstacle course with about 17 x 5ft tubes and stuff, lol.

But what if there was an actual Scaffolding Olympics, that had events based on the real ones?

Id like to see the 'Grav-put' which is basically throwing a Gravlok/SK/Girder Clamp just like athletes would throw a shot put or 'Tag-ery' which would be like Archery, but instead of a bow and arrow, maybe use a Scaff-Tag and flick fag buts at it and aim for the 'do not use' bit?. :)

What would you like to see?
Anything come to mind?
What about a winter version?

Theres been other threads on something similar J.not sure if watching someone throw a gravlok would be a crowd-puller. Flickin dogends with a scaff tag might work tho,specially if the target was your fav.supervisor with head and hands in a stock. How about ticklin Phillio up the bot with a lump o celery on the end of a long un. Ha ha ha . celery celery

Search the threads Jason, there was a good one using set instead of gravies.

Theres been other threads on something similar J.not sure if watching someone throw a gravlok would be a crowd-puller. Flickin dogends with a scaff tag might work tho,specially if the target was your fav.supervisor with head and hands in a stock. How about ticklin Phillio up the bot with a lump o celery on the end of a long un. Ha ha ha . celery celery

Ok so we have heard this same sh1t over and over again!!!!!!!!

We need to come up with a new ''Scaffolders Olympics'' with new events.
I for one would love to take part and make an absolute cun.t of myself.

Thing is Jason, we have had so many threads on here relating to the old skool olympics with peeps living in the past. We need someone to organise it properly ( going into old territory here again) just so we can all have a Gee- raffe at each other. I await the dates and times (frederik, scaffy or phil181 MAYBE?)

A couple of suggestions for events

8ft Archery ........ Each Scafflete gets 5 x 8ft tubes to "bomb" from a 40ft high platform/tower into a neatly arranged flower bed - points are awarded for grouping and variety of flowers destroyed

Presco Le-cross ...... Scaffletes work in pairs in this one with both team members getting 10 throws each and also recieving 10 throws each . A selection of Traffic cones are laid out at ground level with 5 different sizes available for the reciever , the thrower has 10 presco`s to drop from a choice of different height platforms , say - 20ft , 30ft and 40ft , you can choose to drop from any platform and also you can drop 1 at a time or as many as you like .... points awarded for height of drop , number of catches and size of cone used
( i used to find the large 3ft high roadside cones were good for 5 or 6 at a time from 30ft until the cone broke or the labradors fingers broke :toung: )

Looks older to me with the style, if it's 90s it must be right early.

Never heard of such a thing, must have been on another site.:noworry:

One scaff and his dog . Decathlon an exercise in control, teamwork, athletisim. Scaffy and his rottie favorites for gold, while paddys dog may surprise by p1$$1ng,$h1tting and humping its way to the podium.

there was scaffolding olimpics in wath near sheffield

Southern Scaffolding Olympics:
Hemp towers, obstacle courses with tricky runs, super fast jobs being thrown up, rippling muscles, sweaty backs and sexy (drunk) heckling old tarts :love:. - And Mullets if it was pre-1990...

Northern Scaffolding Olympics:
1 man, smoking a roll-up and sticking fittings in a bag, then sloping off for a 3 hour dinner break. :toung:

90s so y dont u start one up j if u think south is better then north lets have it north v south

Top Bottom