netting

micky

Reaction score
evening chaps just wondering if anyone has done a temporary roof that has had to be safety netted once the beams are across?

Yeah sorry mate meant under the beams done a couple that had to have it but done and see loads that don't

They are putting another risk in the job by the time you have do netting you would of had the sheets on if useing tins

Last edited:
Debri netting wont effect the load but fall arrest nets will,you would need to mention this to the designer so he can factor in the additional loadings:wondering:

Agree on both points just wondered if anyone else has come across it and whether this is gonna be yet another crazy h&s ruling

Did one for interiors a couple years back and there was one for huttons at Brentwood made the beams up on the deck they them got netted and craned up not had to do it since though maybe they were one offs just thought I'd ask if any one else had seen it

Are the nets to catch you while you pull the sheets over?i've never seen it and would be tempted to tell them the design wont allow it:unsure:

Think the idea was that you could go out on beams and had a safer way of working whether it affects the design didn't get questioned as far as I know because nothing extra was put into job

Did one for interiors a couple years back and there was one for huttons at Brentwood made the beams up on the deck they them got netted and craned up not had to do it since though maybe they were one offs just thought I'd ask if any one else had seen it

How many runs of beams and what length? Were they all braced up and purlins on when they lifted them up?

In these crazy days of HSE running everything I could imagine some safety manager wanting debris netting under beams in a bid to prevent dropped objects falling. He obviously would have forgotten about the exclsuion zone though.

Think the idea was that you could go out on beams and had a safer way of working whether it affects the design didn't get questioned as far as I know because nothing extra was put into job
Its right thinking i am agree with you .

Top Bottom