need some words of wisdom ?

Daveyboy76

Reaction score
Hello lads i need some honest opinions ??? been offered a few jobs in the last couple of weeks all for agencys , forfront ,octain and a couple of others . can anyone shed any light on what they are like 2 work 4 ?? and do u get your money on time or do they take the **** like other agencys ? Thanx 4 any feedback lads , keep safe !

I've only done 4 days for an agency and that was octains pay was spot on aint there any firms taking on round your way??? There is quite a lot going on in London not sure which firms tho but can't be all agency mate

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Jdc In barnet are/were looking for men good firm all site work scattered around London pukka blokes too but....,,,, fortnightly pay google em give em a shout pay quite well too

im in medway at the mo mate and there aint a lot going on , every **** is a ground worker round here ! i been offered work in london but only 4 agencys at the mo and i dont wanna do 150 quid on travel and then get knocked 4 wages , thanx 4 the info bobby .

Welcome mate I currently work with a lot of Kent boys and unfortunatly traveling into London seems the only option fella

i work at a agency dealing with scaffolders and been on the tools working as a scaffolder for agencies. I pay my men every penny that they have earnt and i will tell you why because ive been bumped twice by agencies in the past and its not a pleasent experience when your relying on that money for bills petrol etc.when a timesheet comes into me and there are hours short i ring the lads on site and ask them for there hours and to clarify why they may be short ie: went early turned in late had a day off.if they havent lost any time but the timesheets are down i go back to my client and get the sheet ammended so the scaffolder gets everything that he is entiltled to.
I dont know why agencies tend to lie to the men and short change them it just gives them a bad reportation and no one will work for them.Ive been doing this 5 months and not had anyone ring up over not been payed there agread amount.I treat people how i want to be treated and thats by been up front and honest so everyone knows where they are.

Hello lads i need some honest opinions ??? been offered a few jobs in the last couple of weeks all for agencys , forfront ,octain and a couple of others . can anyone shed any light on what they are like 2 work 4 ?? and do u get your money on time or do they take the **** like other agencys ? Thanx 4 any feedback lads , keep safe !

From my opinion...

ForeFront = ususlly decent payers, plenty of overtime, weekends, ect.
Money always in the bank, but your just a number.

Octain = dont pay as much (usually) as ForeFront, but money always in the bank, no problems. More personal approach... your actually a name, instead of a number.

Goldmills = very similar to Octain. Spot on.

Hayes = Massive contracts at Heathrow, steady work, money aint great.
(never worked for Hayes, only going on what ive heard).

ATR = Not as good as the above, but much better then the average Agency.

From my experience anyway.
Agencies are what they are... they use blokes as they need them, then get rid, when they dont. Like alot of Scaffolding Firms seem to do nowadays.

But they serve a purpose.
Sometime they pay better then working direct too.

Me? Goldmills and Octain are the best ones ive worked for in the past.

im in medway at the mo mate and there aint a lot going on , every **** is a ground worker round here ! i been offered work in london but only 4 agencys at the mo and i dont wanna do 150 quid on travel and then get knocked 4 wages , thanx 4 the info bobby .

register with ash employment services rochester kent there okay davey they get a good run now and again on the stations used to paye well they do a fair bit for cnd moneys was always okay and on time

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

From my opinion...

ForeFront = ususlly decent payers, plenty of overtime, weekends, ect.
Money always in the bank, but your just a number.

Octain = dont pay as much (usually) as ForeFront, but money always in the bank, no problems. More personal approach... your actually a name, instead of a number.

Goldmills = very similar to Octain. Spot on.

Hayes = Massive contracts at Heathrow, steady work, money aint great.
(never worked for Hayes, only going on what ive heard).

ATR = Not as good as the above, but much better then the average Agency.

From my experience anyway.
Agencies are what they are... they use blokes as they need them, then get rid, when they dont. Like alot of Scaffolding Firms seem to do nowadays.

But they serve a purpose.
Sometime they pay better then working direct too.

Me? Goldmills and Octain are the best ones ive worked for in the past.

yeah brenden from atr was always okay for wages jason as long as the agent sighned the sheets your money was there

ASH seem ok too.
Forgot them, lol.

Brendan was good as gold.
I think he set up on his own a while ago.

That what were here for fella, we all talk complete bollox most of the time but some good answers get sived thru now and then:nuts::laugh::amazed::laugh:

Also, if you are working at different sites, you can claim tax relief for mileage if you use your own vehicle or travel by public transport.

Top Bottom