Need help

maunder

Reaction score
Hello all I'm moving to cornwall and I was just wondering what's the going rate for a part 2 scaffolder there .

Can you not phone up and ask some local companies?
Might be a quicker reply.

just depends on his ticket what ticket did he say he had I know the going rate for breakfast down there x3 Cornish pasties an a gallon of cider

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

lo mate all jokes to one side it just depends on how quick you can chuck the conga heel up mate if you can bang the footage in it varies from 110s 120s 130s I know some lads who went down there and really enjoyed it they was on target work and was hitting 140s pulling their bags out in the summer season but don't be mistaken it can be just as busy in the winter cus you have all the refurbs on the hotels.
Last thing an hotel needs is scaffolders arses hanging out in the holiday season best of luck with your move and hope it works out for you.

Was chatting to a guy from penzance a little while ago & he reckoned theres not much work down there & wages were £100-110.
Be nice in the summer months though all early finishes & down the beach

Iv got a basic ticket and a sssts ticket and been scaffolding for ten years . I'm moving down there soon and been offered a job for 10.50 I'm on 15 now and not even useing my sssts ticket . So was wondering what was the going rate down there

Be lucky to get £100 a day. Most part 2's may get between £80 - £90 a day.

Long hours for not a lot of pay.

Pricing is also low closer you go to Penzance has been as low as £7 per linear metre.

Couple of firms have ruined the rates down here.

Some rates are better, shorter contracts!!

Ragscaff

Lol what you mean bud

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

What about agantsy

You dont actually use ur 3S tckt its just a advantage for a boss to know someone within the crew knows there h&s responsibilities .
As for wages you gotta remember everythings relative if the cost of livings lower,& more sunshine,nicer work enviroments etc but tbh that is quite a low rate even for the west country

That's what I thought . What compurnys you no in the west

That's what I thought . What compurnys you no in the west

'Compurnys'. I like it mate, even getting into the West Country accent. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom