Need help

shermin82

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope ur all well,

I recently went to my first interview were i was told that i'd be paid 50 quid per day plus i'd have to pay my own tax and national insurance!!

Is this the normal pay for a trainee scaffolder???

What is the normal pay for a trainee in the midlands??

If any 1 does know of any companies that are taking on i'd love to hear (even though i know its the worst time of the year to be looking for work).

Many thanks

shermin82

Welcome to the forum

How old are you

Is it a proper scaffolding company

sounds like they want you to be self employed

wages are sh1te whichever way

I would say it might be normal in some area's but certainly not sustainable. It does depend on circumstances though,age experience and if you are considered to be an apprentice which would mean;
year 1 £3.45

Year 2 £4.46

Year 3 £7.06

Year 4 £9.15

Not a lot for an apprentice is it? Not all will agree with me but if you are on a recognised training programme and don't have any major liabilities it might be worth hanging around but if you are just humping steel tell him to ram it. Not sure the rules on trainee's and self employed but I would imagine it's a no no.

Do you have your part 1 (trainee) card? If you do tell them to ram it. I'm with an agency in £13.50 ph basic as a subbie. If not, then in this day & age beggars can't be choosers. If this is your first job as a school leaver then it's not a bad deal but you will probably get used, abused & dumped when it suits em but that's scaffolding in general :-0

I'm 29, and after looking at cost of travel plus bills etc it couldn't support me or my family

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Do you have your part 1 (trainee) card? If you do tell them to ram it. I'm with an agency in £13.50 ph basic as a subbie. If not, then in this day & age beggars can't be choosers. If this is your first job as a school leaver then it's not a bad deal but you will probably get used, abused & dumped when it suits em but that's scaffolding in general :-0[/QUO.

I've got my cscs I just need to order my trainee card. Where the best place to get a card?

Hallo shermin,Its a tough call mate. Cant you get top ups while youre training. Its the same in all trades,at the minute, If you could see it through,youll be on better rates later on. Good Luck.

Top Bottom