Need Help!!

John1960

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the maximum distance the inside board can be from the wall on a progressive brickwork site and where is the guidance i.e. rules and regulations that will state this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Depends who the principal contractor is!:sad2:

should be 225mm, any more than that and you can get a board in

or

Fix an inside handrail, the agent can then deem it a Permit to Work area

but some main contractors say if your foot can go sideways down the gap its too big:cry:

Progressive brickwork,

3" from the inside edge of the inside board to finished wall measure

set the inside,of the inside standard a foot from the finished wall measure,for one inside board

for two inside boards set out at 21" as above

We do ours about 3",enough for a brickies level to go down. I measure a spanners length to the inside edge of a baseplate & that seems to work..

We do ours about 3",enough for a brickies level to go down. I measure a spanners length to the inside edge of a baseplate & that seems to work..

What do you do when you come to adapt for the plasterer ?

I ask the foreman before I base it out what the finish is,brick or render,if its render just space it a bit further away.If he doesnt tell me & we have to remove the inside board & pull the trannies back he gets charged,,

Have had a couple of sites where they want no gap for the 'blockwork' then when you adapt they want a tube installed on top of the trannys when you pull back due to the gap being greater than 225 between the ledger & wall. :wacko::nuts:

Top Bottom