Need help please!

scaffoldpmwife

Reaction score
My husband is a Project Manager for a small scaffolding company. There are 2 owners, however there is no "General Manager" or anybody above my husband to do any type of job costing. He already does the quotes, invintory, job walks all over the state, and manages hours. Needless to say a very busy man. I would like to try and help his company be more succesful by satrting a Job Cost spread sheet of some sort, but I honestly do know where to start, and i really dont know how they have made it this long with out it. I know the material, I know the labor rates, but I am just not sure what else really goes in to it. I joined this website to see if i could get a little help from the scaffolding commuity. ANY feedback is welcome! Thank you! :laugh:

Welcome,we usually apply a rate per metre,add in fuel costs,travel costs,the meterage rate usually goes up the higher you go,but there are many variations which can effect the costing,such as access,design costs ect,i think there's software that you can add your own rates to,is this the sort of info your after?what country are you in?:unsure:

Welcome scaffs wife , speed sheets are an excellent way of keeping an eye on things , we use them for all big jobs , they would include contract price, variation costs, labour cost, materials on site , extra hire periods for various sections , sounds like your poor husband has a lot on his plate

Top Bottom