Need Advice

leewild

Reaction score
Started for a company and I worked monday, tuesday and wednesday and then I jacked because the contracts manager is unorganised, the company aint got much work on and been offered a better job, now he is saying he is knocking me all 3 days money, what do you suggest I do?

Take them to a small claims court, smash the **** out of him, or go down the yard and cause carnage?

Thanks

Been told to join union, and then they will help out with this, is this correct?

I done the job to the drawing, and because there is a inch or 2 gap, where its 4 boards wide, I have my toeboard so it dont sit ontop, he is telling me the job is unsafe, and that he needs to send scaffolders there to snag the job, or even stirke and re-erect, he is taking the piss, because I jacked to go on another firm, with plenty of work, he is trying to take the piss by saying he aint going to pay me, 1 way or another I will get my money.

Has anyone else been in this sort of situation.

day rate, £120 a day for part 2, he wanted it up in 3 days and we got it up in 3 days.

D & R Western (Rail Division)

How do I join the union?
Whats the number I cant find it online.

D & R aka(DAYLIGHT ROBBERY) get intouch with the union they will help you out on this matter, BEAWARE LADS spoke to a few people today who have been knocked on the same job as lee.

Leewild you must be talking about scud or Rrichard the greatest **** licker of all time. Just go down the yard with a 5ft tube and bash him a couple of times. Like the good old days.

Whose scud?
Richard is the MD I think.

Why is tonne getting sacked?

You can call any term a trial but doesn't really matter either way you still need to pat the guy for hours worked.

DR been notorious for knocking as long as i can remember , i worked for them in the late 80s for a brief while and there rates where a proper p iss take , your gonna struggle to get it mate , if you do land down there you might well get nicked , only you know if its worth the risk of getting nicked for , they will just argue with the union that the work was wrong and they had to put other lads on it which ended up costing them a lot more then what you earned . Firms like DR come up against unions and citizens advice all the time and know the answers they need to give .

DR been notorious for knocking as long as i can remember , i worked for them in the late 80s for a brief while and there rates where a proper p iss take , your gonna struggle to get it mate , if you do land down there you might well get nicked , only you know if its worth the risk of getting nicked for , they will just argue with the union that the work was wrong and they had to put other lads on it which ended up costing them a lot more then what you earned . Firms like DR come up against unions and citizens advice all the time and know the answers they need to give .

surly he'll be at least entitled to nat minimum wage for hours worked carnt work for nothing in this country so shurly thell be something they could do ???

if nothing weres ben flynn when you need him to make a noose outa 21 ladder beams for the cants

Last edited:
welcome back ben althow with the shooting part of your escapade makes me think you could be Dereck Chisora

By law, an employer is only entitled to make certain deductions from an employee’s pay. If the employer does not pay the employee at all, this counts as a 100% deduction. There are rules about what counts as pay for the purposes of when the employer can make deductions, see below.

In most cases, an employer can only lawfully make a deduction from an employee’s pay if the deduction is:-
•required to be made by law. For example, employers are required to deduct tax and national insurance from their employee’s pay by law; or
•allowed for by the employee’s contract. This means that there must be a specific clause in the contract which allows for that particular deduction to be made. The deduction can then only be made lawfully if the employee is given a written copy of that term in the contract before any deduction is made under it. This would cover deductions such as union dues or payments to a pension scheme; or
•the deduction has been agreed to in writing by the employee before it is deducted.

There are particular deductions which an employer can make which do not have to fit into the categories listed above. These deductions are:
•a deduction because the worker has been genuinely overpaid
•a deduction made because the employee took part in industrial action
•a deduction made by an employer under a court order or an order from an employment tribunal, such as an attachment of earnings order (in Scotland, an earnings arrestment

Top Bottom