nat grid and besc easy or hard

L

lasereye

anyone been on the national grid comp persons course then the besc overhead lines assessment? whats the crack?? is it just common sense ??

I cant see it being hard... as long as you pay attention and nod/say yes when your supposed to on the course. ;)

The test i believe is multiple choice, so how hard can that be?

mightymouse theres a thread on here by ginger jock, tells you everything you need to know , just search his profile it will be on there......jason, i thought that would be the crack but i think you get assessed on the besc, just wondered how strict they are..?

Some of our lads recently did the '0.5 day assessment' - which in reality took about an hour in a mobile unit on some crappy powerstation. Basically you read the modules and take a test when you get there.

Below is the email instructions you get when you have booked. Most of it is the usual nonsense you get when you book a course, but some people may find the link useful:-

Course Specific Instructions

Durations

Person training & assessment 0.5 day
Competent Person training & assessment 1 day

It is vital that any special needs are communicated to us, you should advise any language or literacy issues so that we can provide adequate support.

You should ensure that all delegates are issued with or have access to “Instructions for Delegates” and relevant “Working Safely” Booklet (Substation or Overhead Lines) - all of these documents are available via the EUSR website in the documents folder.

Those attending Competent Person training and assessment should also have access to the Safety Rules and National Safety Instructions relevant to the required appointment, these documents can be found at National Grid: National Grid Electricity plc Safety Rules and National Safety Instruction (NSI) Guidance Notes .

Delegates need to be familiar with the content of these documents before attending.

For courses at National Grid Skill Training Centres at Hitchin, Hollinwood and Eakring

Dress code for all of the Training Centres is smart casuals (no shorts, sandals, vests, caps or beanie hats please). Please note the Training Centre facilities are based within an office environment and not a work environment, therefore delegates attending in Dirty Work Wear will be asked to leave the premises.

On arrival at the site, if travelling by car, delegates should reverse park in the car park and then report to the main reception.

If you require a map to your chosen training venue please request by emailing natgrid.externaltraining@uk.ngrid.com

Briefing of the Delegates

At the beginning of the course the facilitator /assessor will inform all attendees that they will on completion of training be assessed to confirm understanding, the facilitator /assessor will confirm the following:

 The completed assessment must be the work of the individual who is logged in to the LMS.
 Collusion between individuals will result in void assessments.
 Delegates who do not reach the minimum requirement will not be coached – reassessment will be carried out following retraining.
 The facilitator /assessor will seek to confirm that delegates are able to complete the assessment and to ascertain if any delegates have special needs (if known at time of booking please advise Eakring Training Centre prior to delegate attendance on 01623 872636).
 The facilitator / assessor will also confirm that delegates will need to achieve the required standard to be successful with the assessment. The standard is built in to the e-learning assessments and is typically 85%

• Delegates who do not conform to these arrangements or in the opinion of the facilitator are behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave and any assessments will be considered void.
• Delegates who have been removed from training and assessment will not be considered for further training and assessment for NSI 30 defined authorisations

yeap its a crappy powerstation did mine at littlebrook on a chucklebus person ticket pretty easy 10 questions if you fail that then you are a donut!! as for competent tickets thats a different ball game like i said on a previous thread 4 scaffolders last week all went on there competent course some on there 3rd attempt and only one got through as for easy if you havent set the course you shouldnt give lads the sence that its easy coz it ante i had the module questions the other month and they were like a yellow pages also the course now is more complex and you have to move a lot of stuff with your mouse so anybody doing there competent person wants to be ready!! if you do get a start on one of these grid jobs you want the substations side not be stuck out of no where in a field humping scaffold round all day doing line supports!!! these tickets are only as good as when the works avalible just like most tickets compertent ticket last a year not 3 anymore but will get you the work market!!!as for person these last 3 years and will get you a start but anyone that recons these compertent person courses are easy think again just remember these lads that failled the other day have been on the national grid over 10 years any way happy sundays the pubs are nearly open

Top Bottom