nails/screws in boards

superscaff75

Reaction score
dont know if its the same everywhere but it pisses me off no end how people think its perfectly ok to just bang nails an screws into boards then just leave them to irritate or cause injury to scaffolders handling the boards.

some people must actually get bored at work and start creating designs in boards using nails an stuff, or let trainees practice using nailguns blasting 100 nails into toeboard etc etc

bet if you had a box in yard you put every nail in that you had pulled from boards by 12 months you could prob have a decent weigh in :laugh:

bloody brickies are a pain for leaving nail in boards, tossers

dont know if its the same everywhere but it pisses me off no end how people think its perfectly ok to just bang nails an screws into boards then just leave them to irritate or cause injury to scaffolders handling the boards.

some people must actually get bored at work and start creating designs in boards using nails an stuff, or let trainees practice using nailguns blasting 100 nails into toeboard etc etc

bet if you had a box in yard you put every nail in that you had pulled from boards by 12 months you could prob have a decent weigh in :laugh:

Hows this for a tube ,we cut the end of and put it in the skip

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 26
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
another favourite of mine is taking a topper out only to find some clever tit has stuffed a latt down it!:mad:

I was striking a job a few years back in leeds for Say scaffolding, took a return set of 8ft boards off and put them to one side ready to pass down, on my knees at this point cos the 2 inside boards where nailed down, moved along and BANG, nail straight in the knee sticking out of another board, just below the pateallea, fuc.k me it hurt.

never seen a nail through a tube before

nail in a board on a housing site ..i passed it down caught on my jumper and pulled me head first down 3 lifts :cry:

is that why you are so short tim ??? Hows ya mate minter these days

I also get annoyed when you come to dismantle a job and you see that the roofer has used his stihl saw to cut tiles and left loads of grooves in the boards. To make it worse it is not just a few boards they like to cut into most meaning they cut tiles all over the job and not in just a single place. :mad:

or painters that clean their filling knives on the handrail with epoxy resin that tears the hands of you , or welders that strike the arc on tubes and leave ever such a nice little weld that you dont notice until your chaining down gear , was striking a job when i first started and chaining down long when one snagged on my shoulder with a piece of steel fixers wire that had been neatly snipped of , tore a nice lump from my shoulder :mad:

I use to tell the lads who worked for me not to dismantle the job if it was not clean. Then I would charge the pc for the lads time.
Should hand back they way we give it to them, but they don't!!!!

The CITB did produce a document a few years back stating that if there were too many knots in a board you had to throw it away, also if a nail is placed through the board again it had to be thrown away because this can cause a split right down the grain.

Charge them for a new one every time this happens!!

Mind you it is very dangerous, passing!!! boards down a couple of lifts a few years back a nail caught the corner of my thumb & nearly took it off. Went to see the site agent & had a few words!!;)

Ragscaff

Yes mate same everywhere I think. Got plenty of cuts from nails sticking out of boards. Got cuts off "oasis boards" (sh!t band :p) too! Also turned up at jobs to find tiles, bricks and endless crap still stacked everywhere! It all found its way to the ground quickly and messily....

Top Bottom