My non-steel scaffolding tube

richard6590

Reaction score
I'm not a scaffolder.

I was given a 21 foot scaffolding pole (48.3mm OD) and it's an aluminium alloy. I presume that the vast majority of scaffolding poles are galvanised steel and relatively heavy. Rich

The poles are tubes but your assumption would be correct although ally tube is not a rarity.

What's your point or are you just trying to get the forum back on track?

You can use ally, you just have to do it different, depends what it's used for.

Another question: Would you use aluminium pole for regular scaffolding purposes?

EDIT1: Question probably answered above.

Last edited:
wot was u given a ally longun for

I think the neighbour was A CBer. His mom gave me the pole he had acquired. I think he was non too pleased about that. Think mom wanted rid of the pole.

Last edited:
I'm not a scaffolder.

I was given a 21 foot scaffolding pole (48.3mm OD) and it's an aluminium alloy. I presume that the vast majority of scaffolding poles are galvanised steel and relatively heavy. Rich

Standard galvanised steel tube usually weighs around the 4.3kg/m mark.

Alloy tube is usually 1.6kg/m, although the cost and slightly reduced engineering capacity of alloy makes steel tube the popular choice.

Standard galvanised steel tube usually weighs around the 4.3kg/m mark.

Alloy tube is usually 1.6kg/m, although the cost and slightly reduced engineering capacity of alloy makes steel tube the popular choice.

I actually do not need a steel pole for scaffolding purposes. I'm making something which requires a 2" long, 1.5" OD steel tube to fit inside my aluminium pole at the top. To stop the tube just falling through the scaffolding pole I need to weld a steel band to the steel tube. So, I need to cut a band (say 0.5" long) from a steel scaffolding pole.

I actually do not need a steel pole for scaffolding purposes. I'm making something which requires a 2" long, 1.5" OD steel tube to fit inside my aluminium pole at the top. To stop the tube just falling through the scaffolding pole I need to weld a steel band to the steel tube. So, I need to cut a band (say 0.5" long) from a steel scaffolding pole.

All scaffolding tube is 48.3mm dia.

The wall thickness can change slightly - usually from 4.0mm - 3.2mm, although this wouldn't help you in this situation.

Top Bottom