Monoflex,good or bad.

frederik

Reaction score
keeps the dust in,but blows the scaffold around a bit.:amazed:

been on a job last year or so that have a coup of chippys dedicated to sheeting habitats they build a frame inside and do the sheeting and it looks the biz when they are done.

job on ch plant all needed sand blasted. the firs 1 we sheeted the next 1 on the second boiler the laggers sheeted it and what a great job they done of it miles better than ours

Doesn't matter if its good or bad or you like or dont like.
If the client asks for it, up it goes.
Not had to touch the stuff in years like, but its not fun when its windy.

A good system weve just done on a temp roof is a kind of shrink wrap round the scaffold, dont know how to upload pics on here as i would put it on. Now that stuff is the bol1ocks.

A good system weve just done on a temp roof is a kind of shrink wrap round the scaffold, dont know how to upload pics on here as i would put it on. Now that stuff is the bol1ocks.

Had the EnviroWrap on a couple jobs now and I agree - it looks tidy as hell when it's all done.

Bit of a pain when you have to do an As Built drawing from photos though.

Last edited:
Had the EnviroWrap on a couple jobs now and I agree - it looks tidy as hell when it's all done.

Bit of a pain when you have to do an As Built drawing from photos though.

Tut tut nick, shouldn't the design be done before the scaffold is erected, some people would class that as cheating....:eek::eek::toung:

It's only cheating if you get caught. But it's mostly when the H&S man can't be bothered to leave the office and look at the scaffold and decides it's best all round if he had a drawing for his records.

We use that method a lot nick - most of the time the client wants the job up b4 u guys had chance to do the dwgs

The utility companies have been a nightmare for it SP. Not just at our end either; the scaffs are getting very short notice too.

did a couple of vessels 24 lifts with a Haki Roof and then had the pleasure of sheeting them in.We made that good a job of the first we got the other 3 :mad:
SOMETIMES PRIDE IN YOUR WORK BACKFIRES
SHOULD ALWAYS BE DESIGNED THOUGH DUE TO WIND LOAD;)

did a couple of vessels 24 lifts with a Haki Roof and then had the pleasure of sheeting them in.We made that good a job of the first we got the other 3 :mad:
SOMETIMES PRIDE IN YOUR WORK BACKFIRES
SHOULD ALWAYS BE DESIGNED THOUGH DUE TO WIND LOAD;)

Recognition on the first vessel, is good no?
Could have been worse eh? could have picked a p45, ha.

keeps the dust in,but blows the scaffold around a bit.:amazed:

very rare you see as good monoflex job when you do it looks good if you no what i mean:laugh: most times you see it. its blowing all over the place most of the time scaffolders are too lazy to errect it right the togs are normally just pulled through the plastic and not the holes its rapped round the trannies and standards were people are too lazy to put another ledger in and when its put on a roof most put boards on and nail it to the monoflex and it drips like a fountain you got to be a patient scaffolder to errect monoflex:embarrest: shrink rap always looks beter and dont leak lol!!

LAD EH
i dont really like sheeting in
AS FOR THE P45 NO PROBS GET A JOB ANYWHERE;)
and have done :eek:

Ha! Good spanners are rare now days.
Most fresh outta college, wet behind the ears, but arrogant as they come eh, ha.

Top Bottom