mist/vantage help

allan666

Reaction score
im thinking of going back offshore and just got the dates for survival courses .i have been offshore before so can i do the mist online and just the 3 day survival course or do i need to do 5 days with the mist. am i right with these days.i have read on here about doing the mist online with your vantage number is this still possible.im not sure if i still have my vantage card so can i get the number some how.thank you please

Hi, you can only do your mist online, provided your offshore survival card is in date! That will cost about £90 quid. If your card is not in date, well then you will be obliged to do the mist at a training centre at full cost.

in the same boat Allan , im up to date with survival and medical , but have no mist and dont know my vantage number , i was gonna phone the last company i worked for , i think you/i would only have to pay around £60 or something like that whereas new starts are a few hundred i think

Any heli port can issue a replacement vantage card as long as you show your passport. google mist course and the course will come up

thats a bit crap if u have to pay full cost , between survival and mist its a lot of money

i renewed offshore in 2009 , and havent been out since , i nearly fuckin died on the course , my arm got caught in the safety belt , lol , the instructors were great and very helpful

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

fuckin right

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

i would think 3 days , but thats a guess

i can get the survival for 850 or 1000 with the mist i wasnt bothered about the money its sitting in a class for 2 days extra that lll kill me

Do your survival then do the mist on line at home

iv got a few promises for a start like . i couldnt believe i never failed when i last done mine . im a good swimmer but when they put you in the water i fooking shat my self . the first time i came out too fast then it was all down hill. the second time i managed to pull the pipe out the re breather and had to be pulled out.i was that bad they took a none swimmer from the door seat and got one of the divers to come down with me

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

yes toon but if i cant defo do it the mist will cost a lot more than if i get in with the course

yeah , know what u mean , you wanna do it right first time , once u go back in again, not good , the nose clip is not good , next time id take my own nose clip , ive a wee button nose , lol , my lung capacity is not good , im struggling to fill the re-breather , lungs of a 40 year old at least , said the doctor

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

they are very helpful , good guys

when I done mine the chap sitting opposite me seat belt jamed, luckily it was on the 45 degree tilt and his head was still above the water. That did'nt give me much confidence. As soon as the thing moved my belt was off and I was on my way out. Got boot in the head from the guy I was following out.

im due renewal september next year , need to get off the smokes ina couple of months and start swimming , is it actually possible to improve your lung capacity ? or is that it , it is what it is

All offshore personnel are required to have done the MIST course

About MIST in English MIST in Malaysian MIST in Arabic

** If your Vantage card does not recognise that you have completed this training, you will not be able to work offshore! **

Only experience offshore workers are eligible to do the online MIST refresher course. However, if you are a new start in the industry – or have not yet worked offshore – you need to complete a two day classroom course.

There is only one place you can do the course online: Atlas e-Learning and it costs £65.40

Some companies are registering their employees for a licence to do the course. However, if you are a contractor ~ or between jobs ~ you can buy a license (£65.40+VAT) yourself and then complete your MIST online .

You can click on the image below to log in and start your training:
•On the left hand side of the top of the page, click the “MIST LEARNER LOGIN” tab ◦If you need to purchase a licence first, click on the “MIST LICENCE PURCHASE” tab

•Enter your first name, last name and Vantage number and you’re on your way

minimum industry safety training i believe , as in what the **** is the survival then , thats me started again , lol

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

basic offshore survival induction emergency training i believe or summit similar , has a similar ring to it , dont u think , lol

so ones basic and ones minimum , hee haw

minimum industry safety training i believe , as in what the **** is the survival then , thats me started again , lol

money makers !!!!!

cant get the work without them but claim them all back in tax

yeah , i suppose so toon , just sorting oot the rebate the noo claiming part 1 and kwikstage course , not sure if what im gonna get back if all the course money or what , anything would be good

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

clamin part 2 in next years , yeehaa

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

and survival renewal yeehaa
and new phone and new laptop and new ipad and new anything else

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

i knew a guy who turned a room in the house into his office , he claimed for the fuckin lightbulbs and wallpaper

All offshore personnel are required to have done the MIST course

About MIST in English MIST in Malaysian MIST in Arabic

** If your Vantage card does not recognise that you have completed this training, you will not be able to work offshore! **

Only experience offshore workers are eligible to do the online MIST refresher course. However, if you are a new start in the industry – or have not yet worked offshore – you need to complete a two day classroom course.

There is only one place you can do the course online: Atlas e-Learning and it costs £65.40

Some companies are registering their employees for a licence to do the course. However, if you are a contractor ~ or between jobs ~ you can buy a license (£65.40+VAT) yourself and then complete your MIST online .

You can click on the image below to log in and start your training:
•On the left hand side of the top of the page, click the “MIST LEARNER LOGIN” tab ◦If you need to purchase a licence first, click on the “MIST LICENCE PURCHASE” tab

•Enter your first name, last name and Vantage number and you’re on your way
yeah i seen that one ,so this proves that i dont need an in date survival ?????? just a vantage number ???????????? help

Top Bottom