Minimum Job Value

Dass

Reaction score
We have had a lot of smaller builders on lately looking for two and three lift access towers and one lift high scaffolds around garages etc. I've tried telling them that we've introduced a minimum job value of £300. Most have got the hump and told us we are too expensive.

They don't seem to realise that to stick two or three lads in a wagon, drive to a job, erect it, leave it, go back strip it and back to the yard isn't cheap.

I know we all have people complaining that we think our gear is gold plated and we charge the earth for it.

Anyone else have a minimum job value?

You got to have a minimum charge mate , its not what you make but you will be losing if you sent the lads elsewhere. £300 sounds about right after you take diesel and wages out £300 aint a whole lot

We were charging a minimum £300.00 5 years ago, now its dropped to around £250.00

We have had a lot of smaller builders on lately looking for two and three lift access towers and one lift high scaffolds around garages etc. I've tried telling them that we've introduced a minimum job value of £300. Most have got the hump and told us we are too expensive.

They don't seem to realise that to stick two or three lads in a wagon, drive to a job, erect it, leave it, go back strip it and back to the yard isn't cheap.

I know we all have people complaining that we think our gear is gold plated and we charge the earth for it.

Anyone else have a minimum job value?
tell the builder daz just as well its not a indusrial job coz 5,grand he may have change for a pint and a packet of crisps what do these people want no wonder the small firms cant compete no wonder 21s only gets 8.50 a hour lol!!

thts really cheap how many of these jobs do the boys have to do per day 3/4 i would make it 500 the job starts a the yard 1 go to job to c wots needed, 2 make load list,3load lorry,4 feul costs,5 boys unload lorry 6 get gear to job 7 then erect job then most of the same when returning to strip job come on guys play the white man when pricing job no wonder sumpeople can,t afford 2 pay there guys good dough scaffolding companys should just do what british gas and npower and oil companys and do abit of price fixin b great oh harsco just put there price up 2 pound per square we better do the same lol rant over

Stick to your guns Dass, we don't have an exact minimum value but it does depend if I could get the boys to do a few of them if I line them up right. In other words, if I'm coming off a descent earner and they want a job doing quick they pay for the squad for the whole day up and down but if they are willing to wait a day or two to let me set them up they can get it for a couple of hundred, let them make the choice and then see how important it is that it goes up today.;)

Can't blame you John, good luck with the sale.

lets start price fixing if its good for banks and corps it good enough for us scaffs

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

save johns company from goin t.ts up:D

I think John is just tired, this game will do that to you.

Top Bottom