Mileage

scaffold911

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone help me with this.i have been driving my own van to site on a daily basis,as I'm self employed I can claim 40 pence per mile. The problem I've now got is that I've been on with a firm for the last 6months and have to drive there hgv all day, can I still claim for all the miles I'm driving,when I'm not pay for the fuel.
Cheers.

Hi all
Can anyone help me with this.i have been driving my own van to site on a daily basis,as I'm self employed I can claim 40 pence per mile. The problem I've now got is that I've been on with a firm for the last 6months and have to drive there hgv all day, can I still claim for all the miles I'm driving,when I'm not pay for the fuel.
Cheers.

am afraid you can not claim for miles when in company time using there vehicle, you can claim back i think it is 45p per mile but only if you are not traveling to you place of work ,sound daft let me explain, it your contrat terms of employment are you start work at uk industrial est and you travel to uk industrial est and then start work you can not claim fuel but if you terms of employment are from uk industrial est and you are traveling to another place to start work that when you can claim petrol, i know lads claim to the place of work but your not supose to the only way you can do it legally is if it a different place to what the office/terms of work/contract say you were from you can claim up to 45p per mile against your tax but if you are paid more than 45p per mile you can be taxed on anything over 45p (40/45 not sure the max you can claim with out been taxed)

Hi guys,

Marra is quite right. Mileage allowance is 45p per mile for first 10k miles. You can only claim for mileage to temporary places of work though. So if you now just drive to yard and then pick up HGV then there's no claim to be made.

However, if you have never claimed before then you can actually go back 4 years on your tax claim.

Give the office a call if you need any further advice. 01280 821020

No , I've not seen mick in 12years,but I know he's still about. justin wall has got his own firm now so he may be doing a bit with him.

Terry was always a good fella to work for , and Mick was as mad as they come ,
I was in the yard the day Terrys lad and Rons Garrets son had a tear up in WGKS yard
Got a bit messy LOL

Yes think I've been told that tale a few times.wgk are still going ,I think little Ron is running it, not the firm thy used to be just one truck and one halfback.dave imlay is on with me at walls and Paul Hanwell has just left us,do you remember them from wgk.

Top Bottom