Mewps on the street

S

steveo south east

whilst Driving down my local high street I seen a plumber inserting a chimney flu down the chimney whilst using a MEWP and I thought there's no way a MEWP can be cheaper than a 4 lift 8FT tower with a 12ft throw in or can it?

All day long for quick jobs, especially if you own it. I bought one a few years ago but to be honest the repair bills were more than any money earned so gave it up. There is a brilliant truck mounted one here you can hire for about £400 a day, maybe a bit more but the reach is unbelievable.

This was a hired one I am shocked surely you would have to have paperwork to park in on the road

You need paper work to build a scaffold from a pavement. I suppose it depends on how they see the danger. We have priced jobs against these things, and one outside firm in particular who just do central heating systems and want up on a roof for about an hour to do a flue still use us but to be honest they would be better with a MEWP but it offers no public protection, depends on the job I suppose.

When have plumbers ever needed scaffolds lol when working as a plumber the amount of flues i fitted ither on the gables on ladder or threw the roof of a ladder then a rikity old cat ladder home made it was it wa snailed together half way up it was hinged with brass hinges and the drop off at the top was a bit of wooden mantle piese screwed on lol looking back it was mental lol but like ya say your up there 10 15 min and for a scaffold to be up and down its not really economical to do it this way

even the company facelift is cheaper than to build a great big scaffold and thats with a driver. and those sizzor lifts are cheap as chips glad most contractors dont think of these cheaper idears.

**** using a newp on a high st.. it wont stop beepin with the **** state of pavements...

We lost a really good contract to one of these feeking things a few years ago ,
we where doing towers for re-lining flues for years , and then cam along this 18 tonne lorry with a hihab basket that could reach well over 30 meters.
I lost about 200 towers a year over night :mad:

The biggest advantage they have is the security of the property especially if its a block of flats .

we lost a really good contract to one of these feeking things a few years ago ,
we where doing towers for re-lining flues for years , and then cam along this 18 tonne lorry with a hihab basket that could reach well over 30 meters.
I lost about 200 towers a year over night :mad:

The biggest advantage they have is the security of the property especially if its a block of flats .

not worth the investment after all scaffolding is just part of the access industry

The truck mounted one round here marra is earning fortunes for the owner.

The towers we are doing for flues are all on council properties and doing it off ladders is not an option, most are at the back where it would be difficult for mewps to go.

Top Bottom