metric

haha, I am a total mixed up individual when it comes to this stuff. As I said, measure for price in metric then try and work it out in feet for gear, unless it's system as that's all metric. I have never got on with the 9 foot standard brigade it's always been a 3 metre one for me. Fook all easy is there?

Feet and inches for me Allan

But feet x 3 gives you meters. i.e 5ft = 1.5m
Meters divided x 3 = ft

But hate meteric system

haha, I am a total mixed up individual when it comes to this stuff. As I said, measure for price in metric then try and work it out in feet for gear, unless it's system as that's all metric. I have never got on with the 9 foot standard brigade it's always been a 3 metre one for me. Fook all easy is there?

Depends on whether your thick or not:eek::laugh::laugh:

I Was Taught In Feet And Inches ( Child Of The Sixties) So When People Talk In Metric Its Only A Number But I Know What An Eight Foot Tube Looks Like But If Someone Asks For A 2.4m Ledger Id Look At Them Like They Were Nuts.

I feel there is no point hiding my shortcomings any more from others on the forum.

I am as thick as they come, always have been always will be.:(

Scaffold is ft and inches well tube and fitting is any way we got the layher system and we use that in ft and inches but any were eles would probbly look at us like were nuts. Scaffolding is the only trade that still uses ft and inches every other trade uses metric maybe we need to convert completly to metric to get trade rates but thats a hole nother thread

Don't do it, my heid is bust as it is.:eek:

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

i measure bay and lift sizes in metric and everything else feet and inches

haha, I forgot about the 2 meter lift heights but my bay sizes are 6' 6''. FFS I have even confused myself again.:blink:

If I was being honest mine are all different, never measured a bay size in my life.

i think metric was just coming in when i did my courses , i remember on my part 2 the questions were metric and we were given a converter sheet . we would of all failed otherwise . in fact no we wouldnt

haha, you may be right but another personal hate I have is when I see some fud measuring the transom spacing, if you can't split a board with trannies you shouldn't be at the game.:eek:

i cant split a board with trannies any more since iv been forced to put five in .iv been measuring the spacings and putting four in just to pi55 people off cos the spacings look too big . that looks too big , well its fooking not

Exactly, it's stamped on the board FFS, how far wrong can you go. I have done the 5 tranny thing but it's not normal practice for us.

all our boards are 1.5 m on the band but we cant go that for some strange reason . isnt that why they cost more , plastic boards are 1.5 as well arent they

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

6 off 800 thanks come on , i ll dance for yas

Yeah 1.5 max are the top graded boards and you can span them at these centres or they wouldn't have put it on the band. I think it used to be mainly 1.3 max spacing but a 4 meter board with 5 trannies is less than 1 meter centres. Why if the graded boards are stronger are some people being asked to reduce the span?

Top Bottom