Method Statement for scaffolding in the rainy season !

jonnyoneye

Reaction score
Just thought that some of you might enjoy (and try to decipher), the following section of a recent Method Statement that i was given to approve for general construction works during the rainy season, by our local Chinese contractor here. It covered all types of works and all were written in the same manner, but just thought that you might enjoy the scaffolding section.

Merry Christmas to all !

Method Statement for construction works during the rainy season.

Scaffolding.

During the rainy season, should pay particular attention to the scaffolding erection quality and safety requirements, and should be checked frequently, identify problems and timely rectification.
The ground of the erection of scaffolding requirements compaction, and attention to drainage, pole base or pad the bottom should to the scaffolding underlying layout should not be less than 2m, the scaffolding should be set to the vertical, horizontal sweeping rod bracing scissors. Pole must be used with the wall pieces and building reliable connection.
Ramps should be attached to the outside of the scaffolding or buildings, should be set up on both sides of the railing, exalted ramp width should not be less than 1m, using 1:3 slope. The scaffold board every 250mm – 300mm setting non-slip strips of wood, wood thickness is 20 to 30mm, and regularly sent the accumulation of mud cleaning horse trail.
The operating personnel should wear non-slip shoes after raining, pay attention to the non-slip.
Arrange to rainy season during the construction of the scaffold engineering inspection maintenance, especially after the rain check the foundation whether the stagnant water, the base is loose pole is vacant, fastener bolt is loose, to prevent shelf vacant and sinking instability.
Lightning storm should be noted that reasonable arrangements to prevent the workers directly exposed to the height of buildings to prevent lightening directly wounding.

Did you gave it back while scratching your head furiously at the same time?

Yep, sent it back and asked what 'vacant, loose poles' were and what 'horse trails' have to do with scaffolding. Assuming that they can explain those two important points, i will obviously have to approve it ................... :)

Pretty self-explanatory jonny. Have you got any spare vertical, horizontal sweeping rod bracing scissors? I just sent my last ones to Saudi.

Well, i used to have plenty, but they all disappeared up the 'exalted ramp' on the 'horse trail' for some unknown reason.
Can anyone offer an explaination why this is so ?
Is it that i haven't been paying enough attention to the 'non slip', or is it that the 'stagnant water' has caused 'sinking instability' and i have failed to 'identify problems and timely rectification'.
Personally i feel that i neglected the 'scaffolding requirements compaction, and attention to drainage' and this has caused the problem, but possibly one of the Scaffolding Doctors on here can give a better qualified diagnosis of the problem and i can then cure my lack of 'vertical, horizontal sweeping rod bracing scissors' and get back to full health again.
Medically yours,
J

Top Bottom