members?

steve198622

Reaction score
i think u should have to be a member to look at anything on here then we wouldn't have so many guests wot u lot think lads?? as i always see loads of guests n not so many members!!

This has been mentioned a few times Steve but even that doesn't solve the problem of the non posters they just sign up and carry on viewing. I think the few free posts you can view before having to sign up is a kind of try before you buy thing.

y sign up or come on if ya not gonna post is all i can say pal! all the help us scaffs can get from anyone else the better? think i'm gonna have t kick a few of lads i work wit in touch t join lol

Aye that's the game. If they have nothing worthwhile to add or contribute maybe they are better on the jobs page.:noworry:

Its free to join and even if you join the SCCR it only costs a tenner a year so what is up with these people, regarding posting every member should have to post a set minimum number per 3 months or risk losing their membership, finally every new member within their first week should have to introduce themselves to the rest of the forum

Non members arent all people who just havnt signed up or post comments, a lot of non members are what is known as Bots or Spider,s . These are the things that make searching on the internet so easy, They spend 24hrs a day 7 days a week, crawling all over the internet gathering all kinds of information on peoples favourite search words, most common asked questions, what results should come first in searches etc etc ,

You could build the best website in the world , with the top 20 most used keywords to direct people to your site , but until one of these bots or spiders has actually crawled across your site no one will find it because people will be using search engines that use the information gathered by our crawling friends.

you get yahoo bot, msn bot, google bot etc etc

here is 2 links for you to read , of course non members will also be people who are shy aswell :worried:

Internet bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internet bots

Maybe there's a fear of saying something daft,and getting ripped for it,as happens often on here,we need a rich sponsor like d*ck branson,so we can earn airmiles for post's(how daft is that)hoho:laugh:

Sometimes I bob on to read the odd thread but don't log on, so would show up as a guest. Maybe this accounts for some as I bet others do the same sometimes

Top Bottom