Medical Records

StoneScaffoldingLtd

Reaction score
Had a cold caller today via the telephone saying that very soon most big firms on big sites will be requesting medical records of all staff going onto site along with the usual Rams, cards etc. To ensure they are fit to climb and work!

Anyone else heard anything like this before ?

Haven't heard of that mate but some of the big MC's are already giving workers onsite medicals, health checks, advice and encouraging nutritional diets through not serving fried foods and sugary drinks etc in canteens so it wouldn't surprise me if this happened in the near future.

We have this **** to deal with now and more & more main contractors are going to ask you for a "FIT TO WORK CERTIFICATE" if you operate plant or any high risk jobs, such as steel erectors, scaffolders, etc.
more ££££ i'm afraid, and they may need to be done every year! (if you are as unfit as me).

but there will be a problem in the near future as not many nurses about to do these health checks.

and the nightmare scenario, what happens if you FAIL !. (discuss)

Hatter that was my thoughts as well mate. Pretty fit myself for my age but have a few lads that don't shy away from a full breakfast most mornings and a few beers in the evening! Like you say more red tape to deal with and more £££££££££'s

Remember when life was simple?

Bouygues, French firm, encourages all workers to start the day with a 30 minute stretching routine, which they get paid extra to attend, seen it myself at broomfield hospital, personally never attended as a subbie wouldn't get paid

It is the norm in Australia for all workers to have a pre employment medical. Some are just general hearing, eyesight etc but others are more stringent including a range of physical exercises. Cape in Australia wont employ scaffolders weighing more than 115 kgs for safety reasons.
As for stretches Asians have been doing them for hundreds of years. Australian pre start meetings also include stretches which are performed with varying degrees of enthusiasm!

Had a a medical just last week requested by Keirs

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

That's with a fitness test as well
By the way I won't get employed by cape austraia

Had a a medical just last week requested by Keirs

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

That's with a fitness test as well
By the way I won't get employed by cape austraia

So it looks like my cold caller was right then!

Top Bottom