Medical question

dangeruss

Reaction score
Anybody here had a new hip then gone back on the spanners ? If so how long did it take to recover fully.

New one in the yard at sgb docker he's called he couldn't move and that was only doing stock check etc

Hang up spanners fella whether it's u or a friend/relative trust me even Marks and Sparks is better than disabled ;)

Our tag man is in that role because he struggled on the spanner after his new hip, he was late 50s when he had it done

medical question

any one had a full knee replacement? how long before back on spanners, been off six months already:(

I had a new hip a week ago. The old one was worn out, had a car accident when I was 30 and it caught up on me now at 45.

I don't have to go back on the tools but I'd like to do the odd shift now and again. It hurts like fu£k at the moment but its already better than it was before. You don't realise what you're doing to your body when you're young and get started in this game. If there's one thing I'd advise to any younger lads reading this its , get some of those knee pads and don't lift too much showing off, also carrying gear up ladders is not only illegal but stupid. Give yourselves a bit of a chance lads.

How the government expect me to continue working as a scaff until I'm 67 I'll never know !

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, dangeruss. I know a few people had hips done (not scaffs mind you). Seems like the epidural procedure makes for quicker recovery - what did you have?

My mate had both done at the same time! Imagine that!

I'm a chicken, I couldn't imagine anything worse than being semi conscious whilst having you hip cut in half and a metal rod pushed through the femur then the whole thing screwed into your pelvis.

I elected for being knocked out during the whole procedure and waking up when it was done.

I couldn't imagine having both done at the same time, but I have to say it will be two weeks on Tuesday and I feel about a million times better already.

I had a new hip a week ago. The old one was worn out, had a car accident when I was 30 and it caught up on me now at 45.

I don't have to go back on the tools but I'd like to do the odd shift now and again. It hurts like fu£k at the moment but its already better than it was before. You don't realise what you're doing to your body when you're young and get started in this game. If there's one thing I'd advise to any younger lads reading this its , get some of those knee pads and don't lift too much showing off, also carrying gear up ladders is not only illegal but stupid. Give yourselves a bit of a chance lads.

How the government expect me to continue working as a scaff until I'm 67 I'll never know !

Bloody hell no wonder that east European barmaid at your local wasn't interested. Hip replacement at 45 even the Queen Mum stuck it out till she was 90.

Bloody hell no wonder that east European barmaid at your local wasn't interested. Hip replacement at 45 even the Queen Mum stuck it out till she was 90.
Yea, didn't see the queen Mum carrying many 21's though to be fair. Didn't see the queen mum doing anything much at all to be honest , except quaffing champers and stroking Corgis and maybe putting the odd Yankee on at the bookies.

Top Bottom