measurment for handrail!

scaff101

Reaction score
off your step when you measure hand rail isit 1050 off top of ledger to centre of top rail? then jus 450 down?

Probably near enough, you have a bit to play with but better just battering it on at any height and adjust it while you are up.

cneter to center from ledger to top hanrail 43 inch from ledger to bottom hand rail 27 or like they say bang the top 1 on and level it out and the go level down simples but best to have ti staffed out save you leveling

Don't start me Marra, baw height.;)

marking stick cut at 40 inches sit on top of ledger then sit the double on top of it for top handrail then a spanner lengh down for bottom handrail works a treat and quick as you can do it using a scaff step on price trust me :))

when running it in the only 20 wid 2 boubbles is the first 1 right then its just sleve out 1 20 1 doubble sleve ut again 20 1 doubble ??????

You may have to set the guardrail to the minimum height if you're using brickguards, don't go to high when putting it up otherwise the brickguard can push out. I hate putting it in that low but they just don't make them big enough.

950 to top of hand rail, 500 from here to top of bottom handrail elimanates the 470 mm gap.
and then no 470 gap to ledger if structual where double gaurdrail is required by MC
this is on the lowest ledger if a return is involved !
t
boarded lifts dont apply as toe board elimanates the gap of 470 then a bubble or spanner between doubles .

yeah mick it was a bit of sarcasm,hes the first scaff ive heard of that seems to actually use the bstard things!

Not out of choice mate I hate the ******* thing.
Rule of the site I am on, where ever I can get away with not using it we do.
It's not right to hemp off up high and as easy as it is I have tried convincing the safety man its unsafe to put Hemps on over the handrail once its in on the low scarfs!
Ban it I agree that's why we wear harnesses anyway ain't it?

Top Bottom