McGinley's

Flynn Design Solutions

Reaction score
Another self serving agency rolling out the red carpet for a scaffolder to travel the length of the country for permanent work on Heathrow only to be told today (after starting on Monday) that there was only a weeks work!

T*ssers :mad:

McGuinley's

Hi Vancouver

Think it's Palmers, it's my brother who's just been shafted. Think he said McGuinley are doing the labour for the civils and Palmers are doing the rest, don't quote me though. He is finishing a job for Palmers over the weekend that they have been borrowed to do.

There are quite a few firms on heathrow it depends what part or what terminal?where,s your job at vanc?

McGinleys are shiit anyway... the boys on Blackfriars had nothing but grief off them, getting knocked hours, money wrong and the such.

hi vancouver,

palmers are doing the T2 B extension(airside,you,ll need a pass),Harsco are doing the roof contract on T2 A(landside at the moment),DSL doing some work on the T2 A inside
hope this helps

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

hi kwikstage,
thats a sh#t where you airside?howcome it only lasted a week,are Harsco still there:-(

Hello Gents

I have just joined up with Scaffoldersforum and can be contacted through this if you want to apply to work at Heathrow/Gatwick. I run a recruitment business and have a licence to supply airside personnel on major capital projects at Heathrow & Gatwick. My contact details are Tel 020 8897 8851 or mike.mann@hays.com or check our website UK Jobs and Recruitment | Hays - Recruiting experts worldwide

We are taking on scaffolders at Heathrow and are supplying both T2A and T2B Phase I and have an agency tender in contention for Phase II. The security checks slow the recruitment process down and it can take 6-12 weeks to get a Hays Airside Pass - but I can guarantee that we are quicker than getting one with the scaffolding firms themselves.

The hours of the job can get to the threshold that is worth coming down the road but we cannot guarantee it so at the minute we are hoping to recruit local scaffolders. Later on we think there will be guaranteed long hours and seven days p/w. The project hands over in 2014.

I can email an application form to interested candidates that want to work on Heathrow and will do our best not to overpromise on the contract. I may have trouble getting back to people as we have had quite a few calls on the back of the previous posts on the forum.

Regards
Mike Mann
Hays Construction & Property
Heathrow/Gatwick

E mike.mann@hays.com
T 020 8897 8851
F 020 8990 9668

Top Bottom