Mcginleys Heathrow THUMBS DOWN

S

steveo south east

HI i have been working at Heathrow i just want to share my experience there, three weeks i worked and I have only been paid for one over the three weeks.
It is disgracful that these big player's in the industry can get away with this clear cut messing around especially as we have clocking in cards . My next step is to report them to BAA and there principal contractor ferrovial for this because it is a payee site, I have been hearing reports they are "struggling" to pay there bills with lots of others fellow workers. so Mcginleys are a big thumbs down and i will keep you updated.

McGinleys are notorious for fukking the blokes wages up...

Over at Blackfriars, they did the same week in, week out.
To be fair, its not good enough. They are supposed to be a professional company and they cant even get their payroll department to get its act together?

Fukking useless b@stards.

I was lucky. I worked for the other Agency over there - VG Clements.
Unfortunately you had to work for an agency, as at that time there wasn't any proper Scaffolding firms on that site - only Agencies.
But alot of my mates had problems with their wages, with McGinleys.

Keep us updated Steve.
Im sure theres others who would like to know if its resolved.
(It WAS resolved at Blackfriars, eventually... but you want your money to be correct all the time and not get 'bumper payments' after a few weeks of wrong wages.)

you hear these storys over and over scumbag agencys ripping guys off,best avoided but the scaffolding companys that use thes feckers want to have a look at themselves as well.
the government want to have a look into the way these c£$ts operate as 9 times out of 10 they pay men through umbrella companys and the tax man gets fecked:mad:

they were phoning round early april-may for lads for heathrow paying 12.50 an hour if am correct even hayes pay a minimum of 14.70 an hour in there heard tales of woe on blackfriers too is there any positive news about just now all we hear is sh1te rates bad jobs starts to get you down dont it,keep the chin up lads best of luck.

hourly rate sounds rubbish but!!!! throw some time half and some double time in soon bumps the rate up if its flat rate abuse the job go in when you want lol!!!

I called them about the job when it was advertised on here at the time, i think the overtime rates were about 21 to 23 an hour or something, still a bog standard 135 for 1st 8 hours of a night shift though and that's garbage.

£135 for a 8 hour night shift is fukking shiit, lol.
How do they have the nerve to even offer that???

Id like to see one of those 2-bit salesmen who work at these cheeky Recruitment Companies working all night for £135...
I dont think i ever will tbh.

I called them about the job when it was advertised on here at the time, i think the overtime rates were about 21 to 23 an hour or something, still a bog standard 135 for 1st 8 hours of a night shift though and that's garbage.

I called them aswell, glad i didnt bother now something needs to be done about these so called agencys.Hope you get your money sorted stevo.

£135 for a 8 hour night shift is fukking shiit, lol.
How do they have the nerve to even offer that???

Id like to see one of those 2-bit salesmen who work at these cheeky Recruitment Companies working all night for £135...
I dont think i ever will tbh.

Nah it's not mate, first 8 hours are £135 then 4hrs at what I posted above. They are 12 hour shifts. £220 for part 2 and £229 for Advanced

Last edited:
Update! been on the phone also been to visit in person they have descibed it as a major c0ck up and hope to resolve it by the end of the week. My name wasn't on any of the timesheet's so not sure if that's my fault for not checking, but with clocking in cards you would have thought it cant go wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Thanks for the support/bitching and taking an interest. will give more feed back about the job when my wages are resolved.

Sounds like yet another fishy excuse not to pay you.
Better late then never i suppose mate. :)

such a dummy

Again mcginleys have mess my wages up "they are really stupid" they still owe me over a weeks wages. I cant believe it. I gave them an invoice of the hours i worked and the amount due in black and white and they still messed it up i am starting to think this is personal now which is a big mistake for them.

They don't know the **** i used to do if this goes on for much longer they will find out as being a scaf you know no fear and little muppet office people will feel the wrath.

new thread Three qualification's to be a scaf?

1/Have a criminal record
2/love a good booze up
3/own the biggest dummy in the world "ready to spit in anyone's face".

Last edited:
All sorted

Finally i have been settled with the wages they owe me i had to send an Email to one of the director's (Sean Mcginley very very nice man) after the office staff did not reply.
Anyway bit about the job three years work a scaff's dream if you like being very thourough and no shortage of labourer's its a very friendly site with the job running 24hrs there money to be made but beware Heathrow will become your life.

Finally i have been settled with the wages they owe me i had to send an Email to one of the director's (Sean Mcginley very very nice man) after the office staff did not reply.
Anyway bit about the job three years work a scaff's dream if you like being very thourough and no shortage of labourer's its a very friendly site with the job running 24hrs there money to be made but beware Heathrow will become your life.

good on you steveo glad you got sorted mate!!!

Top Bottom