maximum lift height without structural transoms?

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
Any idea what the maximum lift height is now as i've been told it has changed?
I don't mean the 2.7 pavement lift, any other lift above that.

are you on about transoms next (within 300mm) to standards and how high the structure can be before they have to be on doubles?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

only ask as i dont quite understand the ? vllb

No mate, i mean what is a maximum lift height without putting a dummy lift in, ie can you not put a ten foot lift in anymore?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Sorry, I didn't word the thread title very well, trying to do two things at once.

Ive always been told 2.5m base lift 2.0m every other lift without a design

2.7m base and then max 2m every other

vllb is it for floor level lifts?
i find it quicker to put 2m lift then a short one than a dummy lift in and out

Any idea what the maximum lift height is now as i've been told it has changed?
I don't mean the 2.7 pavement lift, any other lift above that.

Morning VLLB
taller lifts may be achieved but only through structural design.

TG20 4.3.3 Lift Heights
"The lift height for brickwork is normally between 1.35m and 1.5m and for walkthrough scaffolds is 2.0m. Other lift heights are permissible but an appropriate structural design must be carried out to check them. When the first lift is 2.7m high, as in a typical pavement scaffold, alternate standards should be tied at the first lift."

Hope this helps
regards
Alan

Once again Mr Reade is bang on the Money, very knowledgeable and Informative . Max 2.0mtr lift heights unless designed....

Once again Mr Reade is bang on the Money, very knowledgeable and Informative . Max 2.0mtr lift heights unless designed....

Long time no see Mick, hope all is well with you
regards
Alan

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

There was guidance that you could brace back to the handrail on 10 ft lifts has this been taken out now or is that a requirement of the design?

10ft lifts are in excess of the allowable and bracing to the guard rail would not give adequate nodal restraint.

Bracing to the guard rail was a common method of making a walkthrough for barrow access. The use of ledger bracing on alternate lines was replaced with bracing on every line to the guard rail
regards
Alan

Thanks Allan

If you do a lot of this type of scaffold the answer would of course be to get a "Typical" design done for it based around what you consider to be the typical.
The key would be the tie pattern here!
If you could tie every lift every node you may be able to leave out the bracing?
Example:

2m crs
3m lifts
6 lifts high
5 boarded lifts with two working @ 1.5kN/mSq
Sheeted/Non Sheeted.
Tie Pattern.

If you provide your Engineer with these details he/she should be able to produce a standard solution which you can produce as required.
regards
Alan

Top Bottom