Mattress

S

steveo south east

At first i was asked to build a matt 6metres by 4metres TF so i said yes no problem I have now been ask to erect a matt 12metres by 4Metres TF no beams netted and debre netted to cover a hole 4 metres deep and ten metres at the widest point (its to stop debre coming up from the hole and disrupting the planes in transit)
I can see several problems
moving it into place,
I dont know how it will react as they would have to strop it at each corner (otherwise they will be in the hole)
Its for temporary work so it will be lifted a lot intergrity of scaffold matt
They will be using a 35 ton excavator with chains

Has anyone built a Matt lay down matt out of TF to these sort of dimesions without using beams

PS i am not on for a scaffold company at the moment (they must be saving a fortune) so trying to talk to them about TG20 and Design is difficult for them to swallow especially from a scaffolder, but i am in a place where the client has zero tolrorence on ignorance.

Are you sure a 35 tonne excavator has the reach and power to lift it , suppose its only 4mtrs wide but it will have to stand say 1 mtr back aswell as need bout 4 mtr height to allow for chains , you will need a lifting beam ,you wont be able to lift it via each corner ,i would suggest lifting point say 2.5 mtr apart down each side starting 1 mtr in from corner at each end , then attach to lifting beam then use excavator to raise the beam

Are you sure a 35 tonne excavator has the reach and power to lift it , suppose its only 4mtrs wide but it will have to stand say 1 mtr back aswell as need bout 4 mtr height to allow for chains , you will need a lifting beam ,you wont be able to lift it via each corner ,i would suggest lifting point say 2.5 mtr apart down each side starting 1 mtr in from corner at each end , then attach to lifting beam then use excavator to raise the beam

Great idea with the lift beam there span of the whole is eleven metres which means the 2.5 metres lifting points will put them in the hole when it comes to attaching the chains

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Machine will have no problem as its buckets are bigger than a Old Mini

Top Bottom