man in attendance

bryanc31

Reaction score
Right just a wee question to put out there I have recently re trained as a scaffolder and was fortunate to get a man in attendance job next to where i live and its good for the learning process.

The question is if the site has guys out at the weekends Roughcasters brickies etc should there also be a man in attendance on site as the lads are having to touch scaffolding because the site will not agree to me getting overtime ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

are they breaking the rules ????????????????????????????????

Welcome,no they're not breaking the rules as long as the scaffolds are fit for purpose and not being tampered with;)

do you mean they are altering scaffolds??

yes mate they are having to alter to do the gables with the rendering etc moving hop ups internal hand rails

yes think it is mate cheers

the site agent is bringing boys out and not having a MIA there and its starting to grip my nuts no overtime just to save him a few quid but messing with the safety of the other tradesmen

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

thot so cheers

I thought brickies were aloud to tamper with scaffold. There all failed scaffs arnt they?

Safety and scaffolding is always the first thing to get cut. I remember day one on a particular rig, a massive big hole on the top deck of the satellite platform so I installed a triple hand rail round the lot. The gaffers hit the roof when they saw it as the night shift needed access to it when the rig skidded. Eventually, they agreed to keep it and called me out nearly every night to remove it which suited me fine picking up a few hours ham every night. Long story short, eventually I moved on to another job and they went back to covering the hole with sheets of steel overlapped, the night shift came out and lifted the sheets as was normal but the over lap had been removed earlier and one guy fell to his death about 100 foot.

Not the same exact circumstance as yourself matey but a reminder of what can happen very easily if everyone is not on his game.

thats why they brought out the hop up card for bams , eh sorry brickies

There Are Some Building Firms Not Recognising The Hop Up Card Or The Base Card, On Some (Not All) Stewart Milne Sites If You Are Not A Cisrs Scaffolder (Part One Or Two) You Dont Touch Scaffolding.

Its A Start Anyway, St Ledger, What Should Be Stopped Is A Building Company Going To The Multinational Hire Companies And Walking Out With Three Houses And Erecting It Themselves With No Accountability Or Diddly Squat Scaffolders, That Really Gets On My Hump Non Scaffolders Erecting Or Stripping Scaffolds.

agree , Gerscaff , seems to be happenin all over glasgow , non carded men

i dont know if u saw it but
id like to apologise for my rant about rangers the other night , not a fan but it pissed me off what happened , i cant understand why mcColl and the rest didnt get it , a book could/should be written about this chapter in the gers history

Last edited:
Listen Good Buddy, If You Ever Need To Apologise To Me Ill Not Be Long In Telling You, Everyone Is Entitled To There Point Of View, Whether I Agree Or Not. Any Way It Seems To Be Happening All Over Mate, Till Theres An Accident Or Some Poor Sod Dies Then The Cack Hits The Fan.

Top Bottom