Makita IW Warranty

Mark_ISL

Reaction score
Has anyone using Makita impact wrenches had any problems with getting repairs done under warranty ? We dropped off a couple of DTW 281's at the local service agent, and Makita have said the repairs to the gearing is not covered under warranty due to it being wear and tear, despite them being less than 12 months old :mad:

I've not spoken to Makita directly myself as yet, but it'll be disappointing if they stick to that line, particularly as the latest 285 is being advertised as ideal for scaffolding.

Check the IW thread. There's lots on this been posted before.

Surely you have your manufacturers warrenty that covers all for 12 months? Could be wrong though.
Good luck with it

Surely you have your manufacturers warrenty that covers all for 12 months? Could be wrong though.
Good luck with it

Never had longer than 5 months from any of the 3 makitas I bought,,, that said all were replaced under warranty but was told no warranty with the replacement,,,,the 3 Replacements lasted no longer than 5 months either,,,, which is why I switched to Hilti on there "fleet" scheme,,,for me you've had a result making it last as long as it did 😄

Ffs guys your not sposed to use em as hammers lol - i dont know what your doing wrong wiv em but its certainly getting abused. The older type with brushes in general u get 6-8 wks before you need to replace them but tbh theyre cheep as chips.- the newer Dtw brushless range we're getting easily 12months+ out of them - only 1 out of 12 has developed a fault with the gearbox which cost me £20 & 10 mins to replace & another needed a change of the anvil £15 & 5 mins. Warrentys are fine, but in our game which theyre not really built for most of its down to wear &tear thats mot claimable rather than part failure.

Using them in the wet weather doesnt hepl things either.

I had a dewalt and had 1 yrs manufacturers warranty plus signed up for an additional 3 yrs warranty F.O.C

i have been using my Makita for almost 2 years now and only changed the brushes as and when needed and it still performs perfectly even if it is starting to look a bit shabby.

Top Bottom