Make of Loading bay gate

spannerman

Reaction score
Any one know the make of the loading bay gate that has the built in guard rail at the rear?
Currently use ali gates with the weights on the arms and fix tube connecting the two arms but when closed most people head butt it and when open its a trip hazard, any help folks?

The gate of choice mate :D

I have used all sorts of ****** gates over the years :sad2:

This one has been around a few years and solves all the problems :cool:

Will give them a ring tomorrow but in the mean time any idea of the price? Got four sites at moment for one of the big house builders and after a meeting today this is what they want us to change to, will need about 60 of them so hope there discounts are favourable

Think the last lot I bought cost about £450 each, Only bought 20 though and thats about 7 years ago.

The MD is going to keel over with those prices, thanks again Rigger

We use a loading bay gate system that we bought from a company called 'apollo cradles' which is based in Barnsley. I've just checked their web site and unfortunately it doesn't contain a picture if them.
Basically you get a pair of yellow arms which fix onto each side go the l-bay (like ur weight system) but as they are independent arms you then fill the middle in with tubes so they are good for any size bay, as you specified they also have handrails above your head which , when the gate opens, they form a handrail behind the loading area.
They cost approx £100 per pair.
Very good system, I can email you pictures if send me your email address. Or contact them direct on Welcome to Apollo Cradles

Thanks for your replies Yobo and Mark, contacted appollo cradles for photo and price, still waiting!!
In the mean time we have come up with a compromise and put butt on top of arm to fix the rail to, so lifting it up in the air and at the right height when open, they have tried it on one of the other sites so going to try it on ours tomorrow, let you know how it goes, cheers lads.

Have a look at the " stay safe loading bay gate " that are made by National Tube Scaffold services .

I can`t say i`ve used them myself , but , i have seen these first hand and they the best design i`ve seen yet . Also , you would be dealing with a top drawer Company.

National Tube Scaffold Services

Swifty where you gone man?

Did a trial on site yesterday, two X 2ft butts punched off handle, tube on top handrail across so above head height open gate and at waist height, bobs
your uncle saved the MD a fortune.

Then the best bit happened, called the other scaff over to show him how to do it. opened the gate and the brickies labour ducked down went under the handrail
to get to the muck bin, UNBELIEVABLE. Told the site agent and he smiled at me!!!! Time to give up me thinks.

Top Bottom