losing money

g-scaff

Reaction score
has anyone else got an opinion as to how much money / hours are lost when using the step. i guess it at around 20% :confused:

has anyone else got an opinion as to how much money / hours are lost when using the step. i guess it at around 20% :confused:

Probably more then that mate, tbh.
Its slow, awkward, cumbersome and still imo - Dangerous as fukk!

Hate the bloody thing i really do...

Depends on what you're using it on mate. On T+F it isn't too bad but on systems it's much worse. On Cuplok it slows you by around 30% but on Kwikstage (yellow jelly) it's more like 40%. One of the most god awful inventions ever dreamt up for scaffs

i aint never seen a scaffolder using one and only ever seen 2 in a yard ( unused)

same as that philliosmaximus i normally shout out when were out and about weres your step most laugh some dont even no what your on a bout to be honnest the only one ive seen is a photo on here :laugh:

I saw one hanging up on the back of a truck today while the guys carried on working on a street job. My mate asked me what was that shiny thing. I replied it was a bag of *****..

do people still use them , i thought it was just a fad that burnt out after a few weeks

As I'm sure you know mate some sites demand them without any real understanding of the new SG rules. So yes they are still in use, though pretty much every single scaffolder I know avoids them like they're infected with the plague.

It varies how much time is lost, a lot though.

My opinion on them has not changed with time, they were made for a problem that doesn't exist, and then fail to deal with this made up problem!

We have refused to use them and when they insist we run a 3 board kicker lift off the handrail to fit the advance handrail it's a pain but it's safer than that ridiculous step thing.

Top Bottom