Looking to buy a wagon

Dass

Reaction score
We are looking at the possibility of getting another wagon. This one will have a hiab on and we're looking to carry 10-12 ton. Probably be 26ft body on it.

Looking to spend up to £15k.

Preferably in the North East area.

Anyone know of anything going?

PM if you do, it would be appreciated

hiab and a 12 tonne payload mate youl need a 6 wheeler then !!! Truck trader or ebay , theres a few on ebay at min type in "hiab" or "crane"

I'm all ebayed out scaffy :D

I'll try trucktrader again, there wasn't that much on the other day when I looked

Last edited:
Nightmare looking for a truck in these places, most of these trucks don't exist and are just a sprat to catch a makrel. How about letting some dealers do the graft for you, you might pay a couple of quid more but it could be a useful exercise. I know MV commercials have a few on the go at the minute.

mv stuff is good - but fook me them jocks are dear

Yeah they are but they are good. They have at least one depot down South but can't remember where. They were trying to flog me a 12 tonner but no crane which suits me, there is also a fairly new member in Manchester who is looking to shift a few trucks, he has a 12 as well.

I've looked at Cromwells as well and they have some cracking wagons but the prices bring tears to your eyes

Dass, watch they have no mechanics but lots of painters. I would never step foot in the place again. Tried to sell me a truck with a dodgy mot.

No problem. I drove down with an 18 tonner and the truck I was looking at was a smart ex GB baby with a lovely crane. The truck to be fair was mint but the crane was a wreck and then when we checked the paper work the mot was for a double drive and the truck had a tag axle. They thought the country boy's came down in the last shower.

thers been some nice ex sgb 8 and 6 wheelers about but most had 15 ton cranes on them too small !!
MV have a place in luton too

Can't remember the crane size, it might have been 15ton not sure but the truck was nice, tarted up a bit but solid with a nice crack of the engine, just the dodgy paper work that sickened me and all their other trucks were painted so thinly the rust would have been through it in a matter of weeks.

What about my wee MAN?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Didn't realise they were as far down as Luton, they must have a couple of depots down south now.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Livingstone, Haydock and Milton keynes.

New and Used Trucks uk for Sale, Truck Rental uk, Lorry Mounted Cranes,Crane Truck,Crane Lorry,Used Crane Trucks for Sale,Crane Truck Hire,Crane Truck Rental

I nearly brought a tractor unit with crane off them a few years back guys name was Tom - nice helpfull guy , only think they have luton down south tho

Yeh is it a 8140 or LE 150 ? , whens test out ?

Luton , milton keynes same place virtually

I nearly brought a tractor unit with crane off them a few years back guys name was Tom - nice helpfull guy , only think they have luton down south tho

I think the older ones were LE 160 so a good bit of grunt. The test is out at the end of the month but a new one going on tomorrow, it will pass no problem.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Tom is the owner, a sharp cookie but as you say nice enough.

Top Bottom