Looking for a tool

MattScaff

Reaction score
I've seen scaffs using them but Ive never found out the name.

when starting off you use them as a tranny on the ledgers, they get the exact meserment you want and you level the standeds into it, you then take them up with you so the wall is bang on when you stick the brace in.

I've been using a five with two doubles, but I'd like to get the actual tool for the job.

Spelling is crap tonight, soz xx

Yeah, I've seen a few of your posts.

You seem like a really, really funny guy!

Ally 5 with 2 mills doubles is the way!
Or we us a bit of 2x4 with two notches cut out.

Think the name your looking for is a pinch rod!

Looking for a tool?
Look up Phil181. Biggest tool on this website.

we used a telescopic washing line pole,you can set it to various heights,we called it,the patented stick.

You could use a 'diddy' stick and a prefab trannie or. . . A measuring tape and a bead.
Or. . . A combination of both, but buy one? Never. There's always something you can make one out of.

I thought leach's did one for a few quid?

Where's the fun in that? Many's a morning have been whiled away till tea time while we **** about trying to fabricate a measuring stick of suitable robustness for the job.

As previously said, a bit of 4 x 2 with a couple of notches in it for the ledgers is the best bet. Did a block of flats like that, just made sure the 4 x 2 was touching the wall each lift and no problem. Make the timber template to suit each job, one or two inside boards etc.

"weres yer ******* tool"
"this ******* tool"
someone add the youtube im useless;)

Top Bottom