Long term hire.

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Hi chaps, im after some advive. Im pricing a job for an extension on a private house. The home owner is doing most of the work him self and just getting the trades in to do the things he cant. Ive been round to see him and the job is straight forward. The issue is he wants the scaffold for six months, how do I go about pricing for that. Thanks Tony.

Sale and by back tony

Or just ramp the rates up would be looking at £27 a metre run for 6 months

Way i look at is whats ya work load and earning potential of turning that gear over 5 or 6 times on other jobs

Its ok if you have a yard bursting with gear , you need to put as much as the customer will suffer , by that i mean he well get someone to throw the gear in for nothing , a lot of that going on , like scaffy says how much could you earn from that gear in the 6 months.
scaffys £27 a meter sounds good to me ;)

It also depends on how bad you want the job Tony , that needs to be taken into account as well , could you have a sign board up for 6 months in a good place ?
Only you know what the jobs worth to you mate ;)

Not a great place for a sign board, the extension is on the back. I know I wont loose money on it, its just having the gear tied up for that amount of time. Its not a masive amount of gear but with the size I am I dont want to much standing for months on end, having said that i'd rather see it out than sat in the yard. I think ive got a sensible price, if I go to high he wont go for it.

You could ramp up the extra hire after the 6 months as well Tony , if it stands for 6 months then its a fair bet it could be there longer

I have put one or two out on hire for that time for nothing but ramped up the erect price, also told him we would be up for it at short notice should we require it. It's not easy but sometimes you just have too.

You'll have to get him out of the closet 1st

only closet you'll find me in is some other fellas hiding in it till he go back out to work then get back on it :laugh: closet cheeky feker

1 day steve youll see the sparks from the spanner untill then just admire me jobs lol ;):laugh:

Top Bottom