London town !!!

gmanscaff

Reaction score
Alrite fellas...I mite be wrong but I get the impression that a lot of u fellas are in London...quite a few of the blokes I work / have worked with tell the stories of how they earnt a thousand or thousands of pound a week and had the best time of their lives in London. Does this just not happen any more, because I wud be quite willing to graft my ******** off to earn this sort of money and have the laugh with the boys...I hate all this day rate, plodding on ****..I wana do a graft and hobble into the pub aching in every muscle in my body and let that first pint not touch the sides...what happened to work hard play hard...if anyone wants a Scaff who knows his stuff and will graft till his fingers bleed..give us a chance

Alrite fellas...I mite be wrong but I get the impression that a lot of u fellas are in London...quite a few of the blokes I work / have worked with tell the stories of how they earnt a thousand or thousands of pound a week and had the best time of their lives in London. Does this just not happen any more, because I wud be quite willing to graft my ******** off to earn this sort of money and have the laugh with the boys...I hate all this day rate, plodding on ****..I wana do a graft and hobble into the pub aching in every muscle in my body and let that first pint not touch the sides...what happened to work hard play hard...if anyone wants a Scaff who knows his stuff and will graft till his fingers bleed..give us a chance

you need to get on a blue book or indusrial site gmanscaff thats on as major outage ie powerstation or gas plant your bag a grand or more a week unfortunatly there quite at the moment as for hobbling in the pub and your fingers bleeding think them days are gone mate 2011 now :laugh:

gmanscaff

Trust me mate ,the only way to earn a grand a week is to really make your mark on a top company,have the right out look in the game ,having a sore body is not fun ,you will see that when you get older.

i have earned big money scaffolding mate and after 31 years every joint in my body clicks and i can hardly get up when i sit down , i have constant pins and needles all down my right arm , aint to much glory to be had these days mate :)

gmanscaff

Trust me mate ,the only way to earn a grand a week is to really make your mark on a top company,have the right out look in the game ,having a sore body is not fun ,you will see that when you get older.

Wise words and all true.

The big (top) firms round our way are dsl and dixons..dsl ripping the lads off and dixons seem to be the firm to work for..got my name down but it seems do does every man and his dog...they pay decent money especially if u have hgv license too..been thinking of looking into it..my driving license doesn't allow me to drive 7.5 tonner cos passed my test after a certain date..do I have to get a test for that first or can I just go for hgv

Where abouts do you live. I've scaffolded in London for 40 years and a thousand pound a week is a load of ******** unless you get in a power station or the like where you do 12 hour shifts. The game in London is actually going backwards. You have a scaffold firm for every day of the year and all undercutting each other. Then you've got the east europeans who are starting up their own firms and working for **** money mate. Just making it bad for the rest of us. Thank god i'm retiring soon:sad:

Bloke I knew earned a thousand pound a week, come to think about it I think he could have been a rent boy

gmanscaff the more you do the less you earn ,the less you do the more you earn its the way its always been trust me theres no dosh in hard graft mate only 10/12 hr long lazy days with a butty box full of jam buttys and a bottle of fizzy tickle tonic for a bizzy lunch.

Bournemouth....@ kendodd - smiling
Dangeruss
We used to earn a thousand pound a week you had £800 and gave me £200!!!
One thing you can say about scaffolding is wages will never go over £200 a day on long term work so if you want big money Royal Mail are a good firm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dangeruss
We used to earn a thousand pound a week you had £800 and gave me £200!!!
One thing you can say about scaffolding is wages will never go over £200 a day on long term work so if you want big money Royal Mail are a good firm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, you were overpaid mate , but you worked hard and I felt sorry for you , ha ha

The big (top) firms round our way are dsl and dixons..dsl ripping the lads off and dixons seem to be the firm to work for..got my name down but it seems do does every man and his dog...they pay decent money especially if u have hgv license too..been thinking of looking into it..my driving license doesn't allow me to drive 7.5 tonner cos passed my test after a certain date..do I have to get a test for that first or can I just go for hgv

Dont quote me on this, but I think you have to do the 7.5 tonne first and then go for LGV.

im a (price work) scaffolder in london

i have earnt real good money but it sgetting harder and harder to do so now
your doing alot more for the same price

you can still earn good money, its just not as easy as it use to be

i definatly agree with the more you do the less you earn / less you do, more you earn statement

there are a few people i have met over the years that can talk a good job, cant actually do one

If I had a £ for every scaff I met over the years who worked on St Pauls Cathedral, I'd be a rich man.

Were scaffolding the inside of a church once and one of the scaffs met a bird in the pub the night before, the next day she came to the church to see him and he took her into the confession box and shagged her.

On Holiday in Cyprus, went to the Kykos Monastry on a day trip. Ill with the Tiddly, however, we soldier on.

On arrival, we had to wear long trousers, and shoulders and legs covered, as this is a really holy place.

On entering this working Monastry, the old Guts started to rumble.:eek: I knew what was coming........ I left everything i was carrying, Money the lot, to wor lass. Off following the signs for the Toilets, up and down stairs, i thought i was going to 'Shat ' myself. In the distance, the sign for the Toilets was visible. However, sitting outside the door was a Monk with a collection box, for to use the Toilets:eek: I never had a Penny on me. I told him i would return with some dosh:sad2: However, our trip was leaving.

Top Bottom