London Scaffs and The Olympics

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Just seen that Londoners are being warned of railway and underground "hot spots" during the Olympics. Londoners are also advised to work from home, work longer hours but less days or take annual leave during the events. Are any of the London boys planning on making any of these changes?

Just seen that Londoners are being warned of railway and underground "hot spots" during the Olympics. Londoners are also advised to work from home, work longer hours but less days or take annual leave during the events. Are any of the London boys planning on making any of these changes?

There won't be much work going on within 75.0m of a designated Olympic route. All hoardings will have to be painted a neuteral colour, any signage - including branded monarflex will have to be removed or replaced with clean/plain, no road or pavement work allowed. Deliveries will have to be at night - although 99% of area's within this zone are classed as residential anyway - so unable to work nights.

Sites inside this boundary will almost certainly be closed - so a lot of lads will have to either take time off, or work elsewhere for the duration of the Olympics (not forgetting the Paralympics - same rules apply)

Come out here then...lots of diving and not many designer shops for the wife to spend your hard earned in

Would love to mate. Unfortunately my missus is American, so we have to trapse over there on a regular basis.

Fortunately, however, she is one of those 'fat cat bankers' everyone is really annoyed with at the moment, thus earns about 6 times my salary. So no need for her to spend my hard earn pennies...

Many londoner's are'nt looking forward to the olympics due to the increase in traffic,influx of foreigners and opportunist thieve's,they have a point,i for one cant imagine what a busy,crime riddled london full of foriegners would be like:laugh::laugh:

Last 2 weeks of July old boy. I'll have to wait until October for our next holiday after that :sad:

Does that mean your missing the Grand Prix in Monza ? Because if that's the case then you and Danni owe me for that independent I did for you on your gaff over in Blackheath .

Does that mean your missing the Grand Prix in Monza ? Because if that's the case then you and Danni owe me for that independent I did for you on your gaff over in Blackheath .

That must be the most expensive scaffold in history!

I'll speak to Danni when she gets home.

Top Bottom