London scaffold wagons

eh, to get the gear off and on easier?

You should have seen the state of the wee 7.5 ton leaving my yard this morning.:eek:

I know what you mean, most just have the sockets cut in the bed with 4 foots as standards then 8 foots across to catch the wood but everyone's different. I suppose you could just strip anything and put it in the job if required.

I must admit, I do hate a messy load and worse still is a messy yard. I have always said that's why I reckon I make a good scaff as I am unable to even think straight if the gear is all over the shop. I seem to think in straight lines and squares and really need the yard and the load in the same condition.

We are flat out at the moment, the boy's are creaking under the weight of constant 12 hour shifts but hopefully starting to see a bit of day light now. I have just got to be honest with clients and time scales but we have either turned away or just plain lost work we would have won on price but simply couldn't meet the time demand. I have thought about trying to pick up a couple of more bodies but I find the quality tends to go down a bit and when the inevitable quiet spell comes you just have to get rid which is not nice for anyone.

Im workin away down london and couldnt help but notice every scaffold wagon you see has racks built on the back... Why is this??

Years ago in London Leane Scaffolding had all their wagons loaded like this and if the lads went past any dangerous structures [fire damage, heavy winds tiles loose, accident damage etc] they would park the wagon and start erecting a safety scaffold before any insurance assessor turned up, hence when he/she arrived the scaffold was there so they let it stand and Bill got away with charging what he wanted, and usually he charged a hell of a lot

Top Bottom