Lodge allowance

bart

Reaction score
Hi all was wondering if any one can help me on how many miles u need to live away from job before you can claim lodge on blue book

Hi all was wondering if any one can help me on how many miles u need to live away from job before you can claim lodge on blue book

If i remember correctly, i think its between 33 - 35 miles (as a crow flys), which means in a straight line, unless you live near a river or something, then you have to travel or work out the travel from the nearest bridge or crossing...

I was working on the LNG tanks on the Isle of Grain about 4 years ago and the b@stards wouldn't pay me Lodge, due to me only being about 31 miles away - was just outside the minimum distance :notrust:, so im sure its about 33+ miles.

Sounds ridiculous i know, but im sure thats how they do it.
Try this link: (click here) or do a gooooogle search for 'UK Road Distance Calculator'.

I hope this helps.
Good luck mate.

Jay.

Last edited:
google the naeci agreement you will find all you need to know regarding queries with blue book.

lodge allowance

get yourself voted in as steward then you get it even if the jobs two minutes walk away plus you get chargehands rate as well

get yourself voted in as steward then you get it even if the jobs two minutes walk away plus you get chargehands rate as well

And if your a Shop Steward - especially for AllTask, you can also take their on-site Supervisor to the Airport and to Drag Racing days and get booked in for the whole weekend, even if you dont even turn up and be the only Scaffolder to get booked in for job and knocks, at 10am on a weekday...

And you dont have to do ANYTHING what so ever for the Scaffolders your representing. :notrust:

And if your a Shop Steward - especially for AllTask, you can also take their on-site Supervisor to the Airport and to Drag Racing days and get booked in for the whole weekend, even if you dont even turn up and be the only Scaffolder to get booked in for job and knocks, at 10am on a weekday...

And you dont have to do ANYTHING what so ever for the Scaffolders your representing. :notrust:

thats the trouble with most scaffolders they cant keep there mouth shut exspecially when there on to a good thing!!! loose lips sink ships he ships defenatly sinking if the office gets a sniff:laugh:

section 9 of the blue book. Go to njceci.co.uk you can download a full copy from there.

Top Bottom