limited company is it a scam

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
i was asked by an agency if i wanted a start when i asked the rates etc,i was told PAYE OR LIMITED COMPANY.the rates were different better pay with the limited company scenario.
i personally dont like the sound of this carry-on as i have been bitten with tax dodges before.have any of the lads on here been down this road and what if any are the pitfalls

Funny, I got asked something similar just yesterday and I will never understand why an individual would go Ltd. There is another layer of tax e.g corporation, you pay less initially but wait to you try and get any extra money out they hammer you for it. As I said not sure about individuals, it's all umbrella outfits now.

Umbrellas another scam i think,some mob tryed that with me and the mates down in peterborough about 8 years ago,you get minimum wage and the rest made up of dividends i thouhgt it was a new prison we were building not the co-op

I think it's one of those things that could end in tears but most I have spoken to love these umbrella mob's but there may be a price to pay down the road.

A lot to consider Happy. As Aom says. Not sure about sole owners. There benefits if your earning megabucks,such as claims for every thing you buy wagons tools equipment . Every thing you buy and payments in, belongs to the company. Corporation tax on profits. You may want to claim vat back,but thats another headache,returns come thick and fast, your accountants bill will be higher. National insurance will be higher. You are an employee of the company.You have to pay yourself all your earnings to leave no profits. If your humble enough,bettertax are better qualified to advise.

IM OPINIONATED,SOME SAY BIGOTTED AT PRESENT HALF CANNED,BUT NEVER HUMBLE UNLESS ITS THE WIFE:nuts:
AS ALWAYS JUST LOOKING FOR DISCUSSIONS AND VEIWS,NOT HELP.
I PHONE THE SAMARITANS FOR HELP;)AND ALCOHOLICS ANNONYMOUS WHEN I CAN STRING A SENTENCE TOGETHER

Now I been told,cant argue with any of that Happy. Hope that drinks a smooth Scottish malt.

british jobs for british workers,scottish single malts for scottish scaffsand strong belgian lager for protestant refugees;)

Milk for babies,jellied eels for lundiners,points of view for all., Positves and negatives make the world go round,without one the other means nothing.whats your view??

I would say the Londoners can keep the eel's if we can keep the Jura which is just too good, to sweeten the deal we will send down a few bottles of our other national drink the "Bru":love:. Either way keep the points of view coming.

Now thats just selfish Aom keeping all that fine whiskey to yourself , what about a bit of pie and mash in exchange for a couple of bottles of the angles tears ?

I must admit Phil, I am no stranger to a pie.

Limited company is headache but this year I got 5g instead of 2.5 I have paid next to nothing on ni and 21% on all dividends as long as your dividends are below high tax band 34000 its a good screw but I have had a headache chasing my cis rebate

only just heard about this umbrella stuff, turned up to a job to be told that 20 quid aweek would be taken out of my wage but i can offset it against my tax,!!!!!!!!!! scaffolder not accountant.just let us get on with our jobs its what we do coz noone else will

the agencys again not only do they make money out of being the middle man
but they now want to take money from you to pay yourself the wages that you have earned for them.
books in tryed and tested at the very worste you get a rebate

Top Bottom