Lifting Materials

Mr C

Reaction score
Hi All
On sites where cranes are available what do you use for lifting tube?
Been told that tube cannot be lifted in stillages which we want to do for stacking gear, is thee any special liftin stillages?

Thanks

We double wrap and choke the tube with straps. We never lift anything in stills, even fittings bins we have to double wrap.

Let the slinger/banksman yell you what he wants as the lift his his responsibility - you might be tempted to think you can do it urself to save timebut without ur ticket its not worth the hassld or jail sentance if things go wrong

We use them, but not a great fan of them. Every time we strap them the tube tend to pop out of them unless we band the tube to keep the tube locked in the wedge.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Let the slinger/banksman yell you what he wants as the lift his his responsibility - you might be tempted to think you can do it urself to save timebut without ur ticket its not worth the hassld or jail sentance if things go wrong

Second that SP, i've got my ticket but i tend to keep it quiet, let some other fecker do it.

well... most jobs i am on will only lift tubes in stillages.. no loose lifts...

Slingerbanksman all the way, your not qualified to do it and even the slinger ticket has its faults, id throw this one upstairs and let them sweat !

We use them, but not a great fan of them. Every time we strap them the tube tend to pop out of them unless we band the tube to keep the tube locked in the wedge.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Second that SP, i've got my ticket but i tend to keep it quiet, let some other fecker do it.

Lol den haf mine over 10yrs but only use it to do my own lifts when moone else is available other than that pass it on to the next guy lol

whats rong with slinging the stilly? surely if it half full at lease it will sling ok when you go threw the loop? if not lift them out the stilly wid slings and land them in a stilly simples

well... most jobs i am on will only lift tubes in stillages.. no loose lifts...
Surely once the lift has been wrapped with chains or slings then the lifts not loose?

Different things for different jobs, are drivers have hiab tickets but they can't use the ******* things STAND WELL CLEAR!!!!:D:D:D

Top Bottom