lift heights

dico

Reaction score
anybody else have this problem go to strike a job and the first lift is about 6foot then the top lift is streached to the limit went on one the other day they were using tree logs to reach the fittings exspecially when the fittings are swung on as well makes the job so much harder numptys :laugh:

wots worse is 2 massive lifts then 1little one it aint hard to split the difference.

youve hit it on the nail damo!!! it fooks ya back and neck up its okay if your a spring chicken but this shouldnt be the case it makes the job 10 times harder and if you get the spanner rencher brigade your wrist take the strain numptys:laugh:

if its only 2 or 3 lifts.... bad planning if its 5 6 7 or more then just 1 of those things. some times 3 stretched lifts is better than 3 with a dummy lift at the top or better stil put it at the bottom but on a big job ad rather stretch than put a feking dummy at the top

Im glad you told us that,would have had to pay nasc for that unique info:eek:h:

Sloppy scaffys all over.
Ask some to use a tape measure is like asking someone for a pint of blood, ha.

Aah! The beauty of t&f is its flexibilty,not an exact science like system.

13ft lifts are the best, done a load of blocks in Roehampton like it years ago, at clients (Apollo) request lol !!

You turn to a MC & tell em that is gonna cost more do to xtra lifts or they cant have a 3m lift wthout a desighn due to nasc guidance- once they spit their dummys out, they'll find someone who will

I trick i was taught when i were a kid. Stand a 21' up and clip it to the gutter with a double, whilst coming back down the ladder, mark your top lift with a doub, then split the difference between your double and the floor. 9x out of 10 a standard house is 16ft to gutter so by the time you come a ft down your lifts should be 7 1/2 ft. Which for my self is easy, but i can understand if your a short arsse, but like marra said put a kicker in on the bottom. Make life easy for yourself, this game is tough enough.

a little trick for doing big lifts is if you place one foot on the other foots steel toe and then tip toe ya bottom foot ya legs dont get tired when doing them 8 ft lifts be suprised how much it helps ay out

if its only 2 or 3 lifts.... bad planning if its 5 6 7 or more then just 1 of those things. some times 3 stretched lifts is better than 3 with a dummy lift at the top or better stil put it at the bottom but on a big job ad rather stretch than put a feking dummy at the top

get a smaller job marra:laugh:

I trick i was taught when i were a kid. Stand a 21' up and clip it to the gutter with a double, whilst coming back down the ladder, mark your top lift with a doub, then split the difference between your double and the floor. 9x out of 10 a standard house is 16ft to gutter so by the time you come a ft down your lifts should be 7 1/2 ft. Which for my self is easy, but i can understand if your a short arsse, but like marra said put a kicker in on the bottom. Make life easy for yourself, this game is tough enough.

That's what I love about this forum, Tips from experienced professionals.
Will take this one onboard scaffy cheers!

Top Bottom