Lifeline removal

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Got a job erecting lifelines on a large steel frame warehouse for cladding works. Simple enough really, lifeline supports etc all designed. Usually you erect the perimeter supports off the steel so the puncheons sit just outside the roofline so don't impede the roof cladding works which are generally done before the walls. Once the roof cladding is on the supports can be removed from a MEWP.
Now these clowns here have cladded the walls first meaning the supports will protrude through the roof cladding.
These supports will have to be removed section by section which can be done but need to keep something for cladders.
Any ideas apart from getting them to remove the wall cladding?

Tell them to remove the top of the cladded walls or the job will have to come up from the ground,i'm assuming its high:unsure:

As Bf said,remove the top sections of cladding. Alternatives will cost a lot more,in time,trying to get over the obvious solution. Got a pic??

Not got a pic. I doubt they will remove the wall cladding. I can remove the lifelines and supports no problem but it will leave them having to fix the roof cladding where the lifeline supports come through without fall protection which will be a no no. I will have to have another look once they finish the purlins and start cladding.

Top Bottom