Leeches Double tie tubes

dangeruss

Reaction score
Anyone used Leeches Double tie tubes with Excalibur bolts ? if so were they any good and has anybody got any spec sheets on them ?
Cheers

Anyone used Leeches Double tie tubes with Excalibur bolts ? if so were they any good and has anybody got any spec sheets on them ?
Cheers

Why don't you just ring Russell at Leaches and ask him to send you the data sheet.

Or is that too easy?

Why don't you just ring Russell at Leaches and ask him to send you the data sheet.

Or is that too easy?
Well Phillip I would have talked to Russell, trouble is, in true scaffolders form he goes home at 4.30 so I couldn't. As I have just brought 50 of them and they turned up without any kind of data sheets I thought I'd ask my fellow forum members as I'm using them tomorrow. How's that, easy enough ?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

on line catalogue is good
Thanks for your helpful reply SCC

Last edited:
Well Phillip I would have talked to Russell, trouble is, in true scaffolders form he goes home at 4.30 so I couldn't. As I have just brought 50 of them and they turned up without any kind of data sheets I'd thought I'd ask my fellow forum members as I'm using them tomorrow. How's that, easy enough ?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Thanks for your helpful reply SCC

How can you use them if you cannot prove or determine their suitability for the job?

How can you use them if you cannot prove or determine their suitability for the job?
That's why I'm after a spec sheet Phil, seems like they don't deliver one with their product although they insist they are what's needed for what I want.

That's why I'm after a spec sheet Phil, seems like they don't deliver one with their product although they insist they are what's needed for what I want.

What does your design state?

What does your design state?
It doesn't state anything as I haven't got one. I hoping to work to the manufacturers specifications, however they didn't send them so I'm none the wiser

It doesn't state anything as I haven't got one. I hoping to work to the manufacturers specifications, however they didn't send them so I'm none the wiser

Well you're obviously working to TG20:08, then.

Whatever the tie-loads state in TG20, then test all of the ties as per TG4:11.

The double tie bars are used for fixing handrail post to, the single ones are for ties. I want to know what vertical load they take, ie do I need alloy tube.

The double tie bars are used for fixing handrail post to, the single ones are for ties. I want to know what vertical load they take, ie do I need alloy tube.

No.

A single t-bar fixed with 2No APT Thunderbolts is worth 20kN in shear (SWL)

No dangeruss pulling teeth is a mere 5kn thats on a healthy adult who brushes twice a day.
Can be even less depending on the person and age etc.;)

Top Bottom