Layher Scaffolding have created this excellent video about industry 'drop tests'

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
NASC Members Layher Scaffolding have created this excellent video about industry 'drop tests' asking the question "Is it worthwhile investing in higher quality?"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orO-9rgzI0U]Drop Tests - Quality pays off - YouTube[/ame]

Well worth a watch

Genuine question, 100 kgs tested 2 boards wide, why not 1 board?

Still looks like hardy stuff.

The next thing they will be wanting is cushions sellotaped to the jobs.

Why not test the weight off the side to simulate an individual falling off the scaffold with a harness, surely that test would be more appropriate with the downward pressure on the welds, the ladt thing you want is a ledger weld failing.

There are plenty of fat cnuts on many firms that would go straight through those pans...

If you were going to invest in quality you'd want want that didn't get buckled to fck wouldn't you? Be interesting to see a cheap one tested - probably more bent but same result.

I had some problems with the audio but I assumed that the bending would be like a crumple zone in a car?

Why not test the weight off the side to simulate an individual falling off the scaffold with a harness, surely that test would be more appropriate with the downward pressure on the welds, the ladt thing you want is a ledger weld failing.

This test relates to the deck capacity only.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Genuine question, 100 kgs tested 2 boards wide, why not 1 board?

Still looks like hardy stuff.

As you say the test would be more relevant on a single board, what happens when the falling man lands on his feet on a single board??

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

I had some problems with the audio but I assumed that the bending would be like a crumple zone in a car?

"If it don't bend it'll break"

Top Bottom