Law Exports Ltd

RSSL

Reaction score
Has anyone ever purchased a wagon off Law Exports Ltd in Gainsbrough, Lincolnshire? Just wondering what they're like, if anyone can give us a heads up. Cheers lads.

Never heard of them mate but I have pretty much been from the top to the bottom of this country looking for trucks at one time or another and what I have found is not good. My advice is always take a fitter with you as these boy's will rip any unsuspecting punter to bits and I have a few horror stories to tell.

Thanks for the advice aom. I shall tread very carefully!!!

Good man. I won't post any names but the last time I was well down south looking and found what appeared to be a mint ex GB truck with crane. A nice crack of the engine when it fired up and solid enough underneath. The problems started when I asked for all the documentation, the mot looked well dodgy so I asked to see the brake test reports for this supposed new test. They did produce some reports but they tried to pass off a fixed axle one as there was a hand brake test on it and I was looking at a tag axle, they really must think I have heather coming out the ear's.

It's no better up here, went to see a couple of 7.5 tonners, under 200k on them but you could hardly get a gear and they were soaking underneath despite telling them I wanted to put them over the pit. They just don't listen.

Think I may have an old 7.5 Y reg Man for sale next week if anyone is interested. Not the best of nick but good for another couple of tests and going cheap.

Aye it's scary mate. Not got a lot to spend and so I fully expect to have to spend a bit on it over the coming months but could do with something fairly tidy and not a complete waste of space. I have to be realistic about it but really can't afford to end up with a wreck at the moment. It's just finding that balance i guess.

RSSL "It's just finding that balance i guess. "

Thats the one RSSL, not as easy as it sounds.

You get what you pay for and the cheap option can work out very expensive in some case's

best of luck in your search

Aye, you're right Rigger. No doubt I'll be on here crying in a few weeks!!!

AOM that didnt happen to be cromwel trucks did it?

Sorry HatterScaff - just seen this. I managed to get one. I did take a bit of a gamble in the end and went for a cheap one (Due to complications and a long wait for the ops licence) Anyway it's an 03 Iveco. Runs nice and has gone through it's mot for under £400 I wouldn't fancy taking the risk in future though as more often than not it bites you on the arse!!!

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I spoke to Cromwells a few times and they seemed to be very expensive.

Expensive wasnt the word they quoted me 27k for an 18t iveco on a 58plate that looked converted from a curtainsider which i could buy myself & convert for16k - i dont mind anyone making a profit but thas just takin the piiis...also he soundd like a brummie wide boy to me lol

AOM that didnt happen to be cromwel trucks did it?

That's exactly where it happened SP. They really thought they were dealing with a half wit. Fit them all better to put down the bacon butties for 5 minutes and check out their own paper work before trying to scam a jock.;)

Try Cotswold car and commercial. Seem a good outfit.

Top Bottom