ladders, metal or wooden?

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Evening chaps, in your opion witch are the best ladders metal or wooden for quality and price. Thanks Tony.

Evening chaps, in your opion witch are the best ladders metal or wooden for quality and price. Thanks Tony.

arnt woodent ladde4rs banned we had to chance a few on an independant inspection and the metal 1 wernt allowed to have round rugs on them had to be the off square type

Defo not banned Mara,used em on the grid jobs,I prefer metal mate but they do a fibreglass type in the states that will hopefully catch on here,light strong and non conductive

Metal are much better for value and durability , we do still have a few wooden left but they rarely go anywhere these days

One for the scaffs games marra.

We still have some wooden but mainly the red metal ones now, we also have a few fibre glass ladders but the metal are fairly cheap and effective.

We still have some wooden ones onsite but are gradually phasing them out . The metal ones are far better...Feck me I remember when I worked with SGB years ago they brought out galvanised steel ladders they were feckin like ladder beams ...lol

We still have some wooden ones onsite but are gradually phasing them out . The metal ones are far better...Feck me I remember when I worked with SGB years ago they brought out galvanised steel ladders they were feckin like ladder beams ...lol

Lo:laugh: pml we still have a few of them -left over from the 90s, but i'm sure the boys keep cutting them down cos they were 6m when i bought em & now barely reach a base lift, you know when we're getting short on gear as they're always the last to leave the rack

Can't use wooden ladders around here but they are much easier to handle.

They were beasts of things. SGB used to get upset if you got a grinder and cut the feckers.

At a job interview once I was asked what to do with a 30ft pole ladder? I replied cut it in half, I never got the job. Tank flock ho ho

I remember when they first brought the steel ladders out the firm we where working for bought loads of 8m ladders that everyone struggled to deal with , the lads used to grab all the wooden ones and laugh at me dealing with the 8m steel fu ckers , until a lad asked me one day why i never complain about them , to which i said no problem i just cut them in half with a hack saw , and no one was ever the wiser ;)

Pole Ladders every time for this old un, prefered length 7/8 metres minimum, stop the other trades removing them :mad:

Question about ladders, Why do scaffs always cut off the thin style at the top of a wooden pole ladder, instead of the thick heavy bit at the bottom..

See it all the time.....6ft ladder weighing a ton.

Top Bottom