Ladder Ties

Pokerface

Reaction score
Hello scaffs
Can anyone tell me what in your oppinion are the best, quickest, most economical ladder ties to use
We currantly use 6mm rope which is slow to fix & never seems to come back from jobs
I must be buying 2 x 50m coils of rope every month

What about cable ties or ladder clamps ?

Your opinions will be apreciated

Myself, i like 6mm Lashing.
Though few can tie a ladder off properly...

Imo, Cable Ties would be the quickest, easiest and probably cheapest solution.

You can buy them in several different sizes, also.

(Click the blue links for more info.)
Hope this helps.

Good luck mate.
Jay.

depends on the type of ladder,

the new steel ones that have thin stiles you cant beat singles or mills singles,
chunky timber ones cable ties are good and quick but you never get them back, just like the rope.
also depends on the site some want rope, some ladder clamps(sh1t).

Ladder clamps are quick and easy
Not seen many about though to be honest
Box tied with 6mm rope is probably the most secure and is more commonly used in my experience

I prefer not to use singles or ladders clamps for securing ladders, for these reasons, wooden ; singles and ladder clamps loosen off when the timber shrinks and dries, metal ; singles and ladder clamps are apt to slide metal to metal.

My preference is box tied Lashings anchored at the standard ( to stop lateral movement ), wire lashings where client has stipulated in there procedures or hemp lashings on timber ladders, although the latter is rarely used within the oil and gas industry due to fire considerations.

I suppose it's what your used too and the standards one upholds.

Put your foot down wi yer Scaffs and tell them straight to maintain and retrieve the lashings on dismantlement of the job

Hello scaffs
Can anyone tell me what in your oppinion are the best, quickest, most economical ladder ties to use
We currantly use 6mm rope which is slow to fix & never seems to come back from jobs

Be like a couple of scaffolds i have seen in Leeds lately, dont bother putting ladders in at all then hey presto the problem vanishes in an instance

4mm rope, boxed tied, only box tie it the minimum amount of times not like some i see that cuold tie the QE2 down.......this way if the fookers dont take it off you are not loosing a lot :)

The **** thing is, whatever form of "SAFE" tie we use, it is the other p***** that have the use of a knife, or a double ended spanner, and have no understanding of scaffolding, that cause accidents, and guess what? who will get the blame!

Hello scaffs

Was always told wire lashings.

You are rite j it's amazing how many lads can't tie a ladder properly ,you spend all that time putting a decent job up and some retard thinks it's ok to cut corners on the ladder ,I've found it takes longer to do it wrong than do it rite.

6mm lashing is best but ....

how would you tie this ladder up, this was on a balfour beatty site down a lift shaft!!!

10_31_07_ladder.jpg

I like value for money and pure economics tell me that multi cycles usages of a well maintained wire lashing or a 4 fathom rope lashing :love: out prices a once only tie wrap on multi cycle usages any day :cry: + plus looks like a pro job

Why not just wear this outfit to work?

images

Then you'll already have the lashing to hand, as its used in that outfit as the belt. :cool:

I wonder... does it come in hi-vis yellow?

Top Bottom