labour costs

g-scaff

Reaction score
can someone give me an idea of labour costs on a temporary roof against overall costs as a percentage. cheers

Not really. It depends on many variables. the 'hire' (depreciation) cost over time on materials, how much cap-ex material needed (m/flex, roof sheets? etc) quality of labour, site conditions and so on. I have had T/roofs where labour has been around 20% and some that were 75% plus. And I'v costed a lot of roofs over the past 40 years.

Just a rough idea G , a roof say 12 m X 12 price around 5K will take a 3 handed gang about week , depending on height, access, weather etc etc , that will be the support scaffold sy 20 foot above the top working lift , trusses , purlins , tins , monoflx

the roof is 50m x 18m x 22m high and monaflexed. agent said they been charged 100k. would 30% against labour be about right for erection

You say 'they been charged £100k' I assume you mean quoted £100k. Looks about right but could possibly be reduced a little.

£30k to erect and £15k to dismantle = 45% labour ratio. Do you feel that you can provide all the materials and transport both ways for around £27.5k, leaving £27.5k for your o/h, design and profit. Have you agreed their occupation period and a rate for additional hire thereafter? This is essential to hedge your costs.

In reality only you will know how your teams work and if there is profit for you.

You say 'they been charged £100k' I assume you mean quoted £100k. Looks about right but could possibly be reduced a little.

£30k to erect and £15k to dismantle = 45% labour ratio. Do you feel that you can provide all the materials and transport both ways for around £27.5k, leaving £27.5k for your o/h, design and profit. Have you agreed their occupation period and a rate for additional hire thereafter? This is essential to hedge your costs.

In reality only you will know how your teams work and if there is profit for you.

i only put the scaffold up. i have nowt to do with pricing. its probably 3/4 the way to completion. i was only wondering about the labour % !!!!

"i only put the scaffold up. i have nowt to do with pricing. its probably 3/4 the way to completion. i was only wondering about the labour % !!!! "

So long as your money is paid at the end of the week dont worry about percentages - Thats the govenors problem as he will be funding everything until (if) he gets paid the contract value.

"i only put the scaffold up. i have nowt to do with pricing. its probably 3/4 the way to completion. i was only wondering about the labour % !!!! "

So long as your money is paid at the end of the week dont worry about percentages - Thats the govenors problem as he will be funding everything until (if) he gets paid the contract value.

Not worried, just curious. Thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

What type of roof is it g-scaff?

Tin sheets, welcome back

Top Bottom