kwikstage

what? i think you have been in new zealand to long mate.

think was invented by kwikform over here GKN Mills back in the 50s i stand to be corrected tho

GKN brought out kwikform, first time I saw it was in late 60's but was probably out before that. The ledger/transom had U shaped fixing that fitted on top and bottom of the star locked with wedge unlike the kwikstage version of just top fixing. The ledger/transom were 1" diameter as opposed to Kwikstage 2". Not sure which was out first, Kwikform or Kwikstage.

brandy the c shaped piece you mention sounds like kwikform/kwikshor not kwikstage the first is a heavy duty scaffold used in formwork and falswork the latter is access scaffolding

i have done loads of big falsework jobs using kwikshor and i thought it was a canny piece of kit

but i hate kwikstage access scaffolding

we did A55 bangor to holyhead road approx 24 bridges with kwikshor

falkirk wheel using kwikshor

great lieghs bypass using kwikshor

lanes shopping centre carlisle and the gallery

kwikshor is a lot better than kwikstage

brandy the c shaped piece you mention sounds like kwikform/kwikshor not kwikstage the first is a heavy duty scaffold used in formwork and falswork the latter is access scaffolding
Superscaff, Think I know the system you mention (KWIKSHOR) Is it the one with the trigger brace that slots into the ledger fixing. I have worked with that erecting concert stages and agree it is far superior to any of the other kwikform/kwikstage systems. The kwikform system I mentioned was obviously an early version with a much lighter ledger end with no slot to allow for braces.

that is correct brandy it has trigger bracing, also a telescopic brace for foot ties and odd sized bays , it has a collar that fits to bottom of std/jack that the telescopic fits into , also u heads, poss aliforms etc etc

there is kwikshor 55 and kwikshor 75

Top Bottom